{Chapter 4}

The flashback answer.

"That's a joke right?"

"No." I said taking a bite of my burger.

"I wish it was." I said with my mouth full.

"Kids these days." She says putting back a box of cereal back in the cabinet.

"So tell me, why were you late yesterday?"

"Well some of us forgot to go to the computer lab when we were done interviewing." I said sipping my apple juice.

"But you said-"

"I don't know why we had to separate in different rooms, well in any case the teacher got mad and I had detention for like fifteen minutes."

"That's stupid." Rose says.

"No kidding." I rolled my eyes and pushed my chair in and headed to the hallway.

"Where are you going?"

"Going to show Instagram my new hair cut." I smiled.

*Pause*

After my detention, I asked Rose if I could get a new hair due, My long black hair became short. It looks kinda cute actually.

*Resume*

I went into my purple bedroom and went on my phone. As I opened the app I see a text had been left for me, I tapped on my inbox to see another text from instagrammer__42.

Good thing Kate didn't hit you at the party, shame she had to die.

Had?

I text back:

Had to?

The person replied shortly.

Well I mean she did bad things...

I quickly text back:

Yeah but no one deserves to die!

I got another text,

Whatever makes you sleep at night, cya.

I got off the app and went straight to my desk and laid a huge white paper. I popped the cap from a purple marker.

*Pause*

What? Did you expect me to use a black or red marker like in every tv show or movie. Nah this is my story.

Now it's sounds like I'm in a book.

*Resume*

I put three words on top:

D.S, Instagrammer__42, and mystery writer.

I admired my nice hand writing for awhile and moved on, and wrote on the left:

Dead body.

I made a purple line connecting D.S and dead body.

I mean D.S did warm me something bad was gonna happen.

I wrote to the right:

Footsteps.

And I connected that to the mystery writer.

That person did leave a note saying they were watching me.

Then I made a line to instagrammer__42 to dead body.

Well I mean he or she texted that they were expecting Kate to hit me in the party (which she didn't.)

I just stood there and tried to figure who are they but,