How I Took In A Bratty Neko

So, this is my first short story that I'm publishing while actually knowing what I'm doing, so I hope whoever does (if anyone does) read it, enjoys it.

An average height man was walking swiftly down the sidewalk and staring at his wrist. "4:50, I don't have much time left before I'm late, and then they'll never hire me." He said. He started jogging slowly now and then took a folded piece of paper out of his pocket. He opened it up and read the print, "260 Silk Street". He looked up and saw a 2 and a 0 on a sign, he ran to it and opened the door. The women at the desk looked up and smiled. "Oh, hello." She said. The man ran up to her and threw his hands on the desk. "I'm Shane Eller, I'm sorry I came so close to being late!" He shouted. The women adjusted her glasses. "It's never too late to rescue a homeless animal". She said. Shane squinted his eyes. "Huh?" He asked. "You're at the Adoption Center, sir. You're here to bring a homeless Neko or two home, right?" Shane stared blankly for a bit. "A what?" Shane asked. "A Neko, they're the girls you see walking around with cat ears and tails." The receptionist said. Shane shook his hands at her. "Uh, no no, I must've entered the wrong building." He said. The women got up. "Nonsense, come take a look at our selection." She said happily and grabbed his wrist. She dragged him through a door to the back of the building and there were multiple bunk beds, only about five being occupied. Four of the five got up and ran up to Shane. "I'm sure you'd love to give a loving home to a few of these girls, right?" The lady asked. "I uhh." Shane stuttered. The women got in his face and gave him an evil smile. "Look at them, asking and begging for a home." She said almost maniacally. "Are you going to take me home?' One shouted at him with a smile. "Are you my Master?" Another said while showing her fangs. "Uhhhh." Shane couldn't speak. He looked to the back and saw long brown hair and two brown ears poking out of the top. "Who's that in the back? Shane asked. "Oh, that's Bri, she's not really your type." The woman said. "Well, why isn't she coming up to me like the rest?" The man asked. "She's not really... Easy to get along with." The woman said back. Shane stood there for a moment, staring at her from behind. "... I want her." Shane said. The other girls sighed and the receptionist looked stunned. "Are-are you sure?!?" She asked. Shane nodded. The women looked at him and then turned away and walked over to the brown haired Neko. She tapped her on the back and pointed over to Shane. She got up and walked over. Shane rose his hand up. "Hi there." He said. The Neko kept walking past him and ignored him. He looked back confused. He walked through the door after her and the receptionist. The girl stood staring at the wall, away from Shane while he directed his attention to the woman who was back at the desk. "Please make sure to treat her with a lot of love and care." She said. "Thank you, I will. You know, I was intending on finding the place where my job interview was scheduled, and now I'm going home with a Neko... Life." Shane said. He turned around and headed for the door. "You coming, little miss?" He asked. The girl walked past him and whipped his face with her tail. "Ah!" He shouted. He rubbed his cheek and went after her. "Uh, miss, my house is this way." Shane called out. She stopped and turned and followed him. "Bri." She said to him. "Huh?" Shane questioned. "My name. It's Bri." She snapped. "Uh, oh, okay. This way, Bri." Shane said. "Whatever." She responded back. Shane put his hand on his head as he headed towards his house. "What have I gotten myself into?" He thought to himself.

(If you're enjoying this book so far, please consider checking out my Overwatch Fanfic (Romance & Adventure) which is currently ongoing. I'd greatly appreciate it!)