Chapter Six

*Tobin's POV*

The door suddenly creaked, it's sound echoing throughout the empty room. Christen and I quickly pulled away from each other and I saw a silhouette standing by the doorway.

"Hey, who is that?" I called, not knowing if they had seen Christen and I kissing or not.

The figure quickly turned and ran away, leaving the door to slam behind her. Christen and I scrambled out of the ice bath, and wrapped a towel around our shorts to wring out the water. We sprinted out of the room shoeless and chased after whoever saw us.

"Shoot" I heard Christen say from behind me as we slowly came to a stop.

I turned to face her, she was blushing and the new necklace around her neck complimented her eyes. I couldn't focus when I was looking into those eyes. Everything inside of me wanted to just stop and take Christen back into the room but I couldn't. She stood there and traced her bottom lip with her finger, something she often did when she was thinking. It sent chills running down my spine and I suddenly forgot what I was going to say.

"Let's go get our stuff and figure this out" I suggested while turning back and walking to the room we were previously in.

"Yeah" Christen said while following me. "But are we not gonna talk about what just happened?" she asked, her voice a little hoarse.

"I think I might need a recap on that" I said, teasing her. "Round two before bed" I said while winking.

Christen's face flushed red as she slowly nodded.

We made it to the room and I swung open the door, hearing the same creak echo in the room. I saw the same familiar figure leaning over the baby pool we were just in, looking for something. They gasped slightly and started to bolt towards a wall.

"There's only one door into here" I stated, cornering them. "Who are you" I demanded.

I could feel Christen's breath on my neck. Her hand slowly reached for mine and I could feel it trembling. She was scared. Nervous. Anxious.

The figure stepped closer into the little bit of sunlight peeking through the blinds. Alex.

"Alex?! What are you doing?" I exclaimed.

She stepped further out to reveal her smeared mascara and her puffy red eyes.

"Alex?" Christen said, stepping out from behind me. "Are you okay?" She asked as her hand stopped shaking.

"I'm- I'm fine" she whispered in her raspy voice. "Don't worry I won't tell anyone" she said while trying to find a way to get away from us.

I took a few steps back to give her some space and I watched her fiddle with her fingers.

"Are you really okay?" I asked, expecting the same answer she gave to Christen.

Alex's eyes started to gleam in the light, tears forming in her eyes.

*Christen's POV*

I watched tears form in Alex's eyes and instantly doubted not checking up on her after she disappeared for a few hours. Tobin's hand slowly reached for mine again and she took a few more steps back.