Introduction

This story is a work of fiction but it is also partly based on real historical events and persons, even though in most cases, these are not presented accurately. I also am aware that there was no such kingdom as the Kingdom of Asturias in the sixteenth century and that Henry VIII had no son from Anne Boleyn therefore it can be called alternative history. Throughout the story, I might change the outcome of historical events, might create persons which did not actually exist and might show those who did in a historically inaccurate light. I just wanted you to know these things before starting to read the novel so you can enjoy it without getting confused. Again, most of the things I write about did not actually happen but were only inspired by history!

The Dragon and the Rose is inspired and loosely based on an other story I wrote but did not finish and do not plan to finish, however the two are not the same and do not follow the same plot line.

This book is the first in the series called the First Queen of Asturias which I intend to write. The series is about Princess Constanza, an imaginary female ruler, who will become the First Queen of Asturias and one of the greatest monarchs of the sixteenth century.

I'd also like you to know that English is not my first language so if you find any weird expressions or grammatical mistakes in my work, please point them out so I can correct them. I appreciate any kind of constructive criticism as well.

Now after you survived the dull necessities, let the fun begin!(hopefully)