I am Katniss, Daughter of Apollo

I do not own any of these characters. Characters are from the Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins, and the PJO Series by Rick Riordan. I did not steal their characters!

Copyright © 2014 by AR. All rights reserved, including the right of reproduction in whole or part in any form.

(Yeah so no copying people!)

This is a fan fiction based on the Hunger Games Series and the PJO Series. Enjoy! (:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 (Katniss' POV)

My life is a horror film. There are things I never would expect to happen. Some things, I can't explain. Like how I was sure that I saw a kid...(okay here's the weird part) flying! The Hunger Games must have done something to my brain that's caused me to hallucinate. But I was so sure...maybe if there really was a flying kid, there's a reason why I felt adrenaline surge through me. I felt like seeing someone flying was supposed to be really important. Some kind of warning? Did it have anything to do with my Dad?

Now that I'm older, I don't remember my Dad that much except that he liked to teach me songs. There was this one song about a couple and a hanging tree, but never mind that.

Anyway, I was walking towards the high-voltage fence that surrounds District 12, and there were two kids who looked to be about my age standing next to the fence that I had never seen before. When I looked more closely at them, I noticed one had horns on the top of his head. The other was fiddling with a navy blue baseball cap with a symbol that looked like a N and a Y on top of each other. Strange.

"Hey, what's up?" said the guy with horns.

"Not to be rude, but do you have horns?" I asked.

"Oh, well, you see, um-" he started, "Annabeth?"

The girl (who must have been Annabeth) stepped forward. "Hi. I'm Annabeth and this is Grover. We're here to tell you your life is about to get very strange."

I sighed, "Believe me, my life is already plenty strange, so if your trying to sell me something I'm not interested."

"Oh no it's nothing like that." said Grover.

"We need to go somewhere else. It's not safe here." Annabeth said.

"Whoa! Are you trying to kidnap me?!" I cried.

"No Katniss! We would tell you now, but it's not safe. They're almost here. Come on! You can trust us!" Grover exclaimed, frantically sniffing the air and glancing around.

"Grover!" Annabeth said, "Don't make this any harder for her than it has to be!"

"Whoa, slow down!" I yelled, "First of all, who do you mean by "they"? Are there Peacekeepers here?"

"Peace-who?" Grover asked, then shook his head and said, "Monsters. I can smell them!"

"You can smell monsters?"

"That's not important right now! We need to-"

Grover was cut off by a loud growl from behind a nearby bush.

Definitely not Peacekeepers.

"What the heck?!" I shouted.

"No time!" Grover started running to the edge of the fence, then yelled back, "Are you coming or not?"

I took one last look at the bush where we heard the growl, then nodded. We ran to the fence then stopped.

"Well?" I said, "Aren't we going to go over the fence?"

Just then we were lifted into the air.

"AHHH!", I yelled.

"Hold on! The winds are a bit strong today!"

I looked up to see a blonde-haired boy smiling down at me. It was him! The same kid I had seen flying!

So maybe I wasn't hallucinating, but I still had so many questions! How did they know my name? How was it possible for this kid to fly? Why did the other boy have horns? I was so confused. These kids had just appeared, out of nowhere, and told me I had to go with them if I wanted to be "safe".

Oh please, I thought, I don't need people trying to save me! I am perfectly capable of protecting myself!

And if they knew my name, shouldn't they know what I've been through? I have been in the last two Hunger Games, and I fought against the Capitol, and managed to stop the Hunger Games once and for all. Not to mention all the other districts looked up to me, because I was the Mockingjay, everyone's encouragement to fight back against the Capitol. And they think I need to go somewhere safe?!

"Katniss? We're here." My thoughts were broken by Annabeth's voice. I blinked in surprise. How was that possible? It had only been a matter or minutes and-wait! What District was this?! It didn't look like any of them, and I had seen them all on my Victor's Tour after winning my first Hunger Games with Peeta.

"Katniss, welcome to Camp Half-Blood. This is where you will train." Annabeth said.

Okay. This had gone far enough. Clearly, they didn't actually know who I was. I've already been through lots of training. I was about to protest when a horrible thought popped into my head: What if this was a new form of the Hunger Games? I felt sick.

"Well? Come on Katniss! You need to meet Chiron!" exclaimed Grover, who was obviously very excited for me to meet this Chiron guy, and glad to be out of District 12.

Reluctantly, I followed him towards a big, sky-blue house.