Chapter 32 Lies

Ellie wakes up and looks over at Jake, she smiles because she knows that he loves her and that it was all going to be okay. She felt so much better when she told them all her secrets. She also sent Kenny a text letting him know that she had told them about the tattoo and how he knew about it, and that everything was good. She knew how she wanted to spend the day and that was taking Jake around her hometown and showing him where she grew up and that meant going back to the house that she called home up until her dad's accident. She hadn't been back since moving day because like her mother she couldn't live there without feeling sad. Although her mom had it redone since the accident, she knew there wasn't any way that everything was gone that would remind her of her dad. She wanted to take Jake in the woods and trails she grew up on and just enjoy the day before she had to worry about packing up and heading to Mississippi. 

            She gets up and heads downstairs for some coffee and to see if Pop was up yet. She knew her mom and Ace were already at school since it was 10am. She walked into the kitchen to fix her coffee and found Pop drinking his at the island. Ellie started her coffee and asked him if he slept alright. He told her he did and said that he wanted to talk to her about something. Ellie said," Can I get some coffee in me first?"  He smiled and said," Yeah let's talk over coffee on the back porch."

              Ellie gother coffee and they walked outside. She sat down in the rocking chair and Pop sat down in the swing facing her. Pop looked at her and asked," What are your plans for today?"

Ellie said," I wanted to take Jake around town and show him where I grew up and then take him riding this afternoon at the old house and show him some of the trails and things" Pop smiled and said,"that sounds like a lot of fun for yall"

   Ellie said,"Pop what is on your mind? you didn't bring me out here to ask me about my plans for the day."

     Pop said," No El I didn't, I brought you out here to tell you that Sam is saying that you were on his bus this past weekend and that he was who you were visiting not Kenny. He has said that he has pictures of you and him together in bed and is planning on showing them to TMZ. Kenny called me with this news just a little bit ago. He is trying to kick Sam off his tour but has to be careful or Kenny stands to lose all he has worked for, his lawyers are working  on it. I haven't told your momma yet. I want to ask you and don't get mad but is there any truth to it at all? I mean did you ever step foot on his bus at all for any reason that he can use to validate his point?"

  Ellie looks at Pop," What the hell do you mean he is saying he has pictures of us together?!!!! The ONLY time I talked to him was when he came over to me when I was reading . I NEVER stepped foot on his damn bus and if he has pictures of some girl in his bed it ain't me!! Now I know that things can be photoshopped but I have a way to prove if it is me and that is my tattoo. No one knows but Claire, Kenny and yall. Sierra and Colt don't even know about it. I wish I had kicked his ass when he was such a jerk to me. Oh Pop. what about Jake? I can't do this now, I will be back tell Jake I will call him later." Ellie runs up and grabs her keys and purse and is gone before Pop could stop her.

   BG heads upstairs to Ellie's room and knocks on the door, Jake opens the door and BG said." Good you're dressed, something has happened and I need to catch you up to speed. So come on down and get some coffee and I will tell you. Bring your phone too."

  Jake fixes his coffee and said," Where's Ellie?"  BG said," She grabbed her purse and keys and took off and I will tell you why, so sit down."  Jake said," I ain't gonna like it am I?" Bg said, "No you are gonna be beyong pissed cause I am but I'm trying to keep my shit together so I can think with a clear head since it involves Ellie." BG told Jake what Sam was saying and it pissed Jake off but instead of being mad at Sam,  Jake was pissed at Ellie because he had toured with Sam and knew he wouldn't have said that stuff without being led on. Jake went upstairs to pack his bag and BG went after him.

  BG said," I cannot believe you Jake, that girl has never lied to you or given you any reason to think she was a cheater. Yet you are gonna believe Sam after you saw the damn video of ACe defending his sister and you heard what Sam said with your own ears. You need to realize that Ellie isn't Lacey and you can't project on to her what Lacey's mistakes were. I will tell you this if you walk out that door you can bet your ass, you won't be welcome back and I don't care if yall do make up. This is when you are supposed to support her and have her back like she had yours and Lacey's in the airport. If you can't be a grown ass man and take care of her when she is hurting and being attacked then get out of this damn house and don't contact any of my family again!!! I will give you some time to think about what I just said. " Jake sat down on th bed as BG walked out and slammed the door.