Three ~ A Beast Out Of Nowhere

"WHAT?"

"What do you mean, Jewel isnt a currency here?" Lucy yelled, slamming her hands down on the countertop infront of her.

The shopkeeper behind it had an annoyed look on his face. "Look, lady, I dont know where youre from, and frankly I dont care, but we dont accept your crazy money here. Now if youre going to continue to try and sell me this crap, Id suggest you leave before I call security."

"Fine!" Lucy huffed, before turning and marching out of the shop.

"How'd it go?" Happy asked, flying down to hover by her head.

The mage sighed. "They don't accept Jewel here either."

Lucy had appeared in this crazy world only to find out that she had been paired with the most annoying cat in the world, and, even world, you couldnt buy things with Jewel here. But on the plus side, she had found out that she had to track down Loke – at least that helped.

"We're gonna starve!" Happy whined, drifting down and curling up on the floor as his wings disappeared.

"Oh, shut it, cat. We'll live." She said, clutching Lokes key in her hand. There's barely any magic energy in the air here... she thought, worry pinching her brow. If we run out of power, that'll be it. Hopefully we find Loke by then.

Suddenly, Lucy was forced to the ground by an ear-piercing roar which shook the ground. Happy yowled as he was flung into the air. Just before he got out of reach, Lucy reached out and grabbed the end of his tail, pulling him back down to her. The cat, shaking, buried his face into her chest.

Once the wind that accompanied the roar died down, the celestial mage rose to her feet. "What was that?" She mumbled to herself.

"I dont know, but it sure was scary!" Happy exclaimed, jumping down to the ground.

"Maybe we should check it out..." She said. Before the talking cat could protest, Lucy began to run in the direction that the roar came from. Mustering up his courage, Happy ran after her.

"What's wrong, Lushee?" The cat asked, coming to a stop behind the girl who was stood at the entrance to a park. He looked around her, only to gulp at what he saw. He immediately ducked behind Lucy's legs, before peering out at the creature again.

It was giant, almost as tall as the trees towering above them all around. It was completely black apart from its face which was covered by a white skull mask, and was stood on all fours. What surprised the pair was that it still seemed alive, well, what with the giant hole in its chest.

"W-What is that thing, Lucy?" Happy asked.

"How am I supposed to know?" She responded. A hand went to the handle of her sealed Fleuve Détoiles.

Suddenly, the creature reared up onto two legs and let out another roar. Happy clutched onto her leg tightly to avoid getting blown away whilst said mage covered her ears. After a moment, however, she reached down to grab her Fleuve Détoiles again. A look of effort and determination was spread across her face.

"What are you doing?" Her companion yelled over the wind.

"Well, obviously that thing isnt here to have a nice chat and a cup of tea with someone, is it?" She called in return, gritting her teeth. "We have to stop it!"

The creature fell forward onto all fours again, clamping its mouth shut. Happy fell to the ground with an 'Oof'. Instead of standing there like it had been before, it raised its arm and flung it out infront of itself, sending a slide and a swing set flying. Somebody screamed and the people occupying the park began to run around, trying to get away.

Wait... Lucy's grip on the handle tightened. How come they didnt seem affected before when it was roaring? Why are they only just reacting now? I mean, its a giant monster! How could you not notice it? Unless

"Unless only people with magic can see it?" She mumbled.

"What're you talking about, Lushee?" Happy asked, looking up at her.

"You sure ask a lot of questions, cat," She muttered, before drawing her magic whip and rushing forwards, towards the creature. "Okay, monster-creature-thing! Time to die!" She yelled.

Hair swishing, the celestial mage jumped up, allowing the offensive part of her Fleuve Détoiles to leap forth. Lucy waited until she was as high as she knew she could go before bringing her whip down over her head. It struck the monsters side and it stumbled back a little. Lucy hit the ground with a thud, skidding back across the ground with her arms crossed infront of her face.

Once she came to a stop, she lowered her arms, her Fleuve Détoiles crackling with life on the ground around her. But what she saw made her eyes widen and she began to stumble back.

"I think you made it angry!" Happy called from somewhere behind her.

"I can see that!" She yelled back.

The creature was shaking with anger. It lifted its head, skull eyes narrowing and began to scratch at the ground infront of it with its front right foot. "You'll pay for that!" It hissed, before charging.

It talks!? She gasped, frozen with shock. All she could do was stand there as the monster lifted its arm and brought it down, colliding with her rigged body and sending her flying. Lucy's back hit a tree trunk moments later, and a cry of pain left her mouth as she began to fall.

"Lushee!" Happy yelled, flying towards her at top speed. Moments before she hit the ground, he grabbed on to the back of her shirt and yanked her up, flying her out of harms way. The creature attempted to take a swipe at them but Happy dodged with ease. However, panic began to course through him as he felt his magic power begin to drain out of him. "Hang in there, Lushee!" He cried, before nose-diving towards the ground.

A few metres above the ground, Happy came to a halt, gently setting Lucy down on the ground. He then let his wings disappear to save his magic energy and dropped to the ground beside her.

"Are you okay, Lushee?" He asked, leaning over her.

She didn't reply.

~~~

Will Lucy survive that blow? Is she even still alive? Was Happy too late? And even if she is alive, will the creature finish them off, or will they beat it?

So many questions, and no answers - but you can give me an answer to a question:

Which anime are Lucy and Happy in?

Goodbye now, minna-san!

~~~

Next Time On 'Spirits Of Eclipse'...

"It must be a Yokai! Quick, use your Yokai watch to scan the area!"

"What the heck is that weird ghost-thing?"

"Ice fairy!"

"Flamebrain!"

"Perverted popsicle!"

"Firebreath!"

"Oi, what're you talking about, kid?"

"N-Not... N-Not h-h-h-h-her!"

"I'll find her by myself!"