Chapter Ten

It's short, but no whining!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

A high-pitch scraping noise came from the television, causing me to wince. The sound was much worse than nails on a chalkboard, seeing as how it was a hook on a street sign. Next to me, Chace was leaning closer and closer to the television screen, nearly sitting on the edge of his couch. The movie room was dimly lit, so I couldn’t make out his face, but from the glint in his eye, I figured he was grinning.

            “I read a story like this once. I know what happens next.”

            I knew what happened next too, but only because I’d seen the first season of Supernatural at least a dozen times. Crazy Chace though, this was basically his first time watching the show. “Oh yeah, what’s that?”

            “Her boyfriend is going to be hanging upside down above his car, bleeding from the neck. Like I said, I read a ghost story like this.”

            “Well, let’s see if you’re right,” I responded, watching as the girlfriend foolishly climbed out the car.

Five seconds and one harsh scream later, Chace threw up his arms, turning to give me a smug look. “I knew it!”

His reaction caused a grin to spread across my face. “Yep.”

“Have you seen this episode before?”

            “Yep,” I admitted. “Girls can’t help liking shows with cute actors.”

            “Sam is pretty cute, huh.”

            “Dean’s more my type.”

            He raised an eyebrow. “Or am I more your type?”

            I pretended to think about it for a moment. “Hmm… Nope. Dean is definitely still my type.”

            “Ouch,” Chace said, pressing his hand to his heart. “I guess I can’t live up to an old man actor.”

            “He’s not old!”

            Chuckling, Chace wrapped his shoulder around me. “So defensive.”

            “Well, who is your celebrity crush?”

            “Justin Bieber,” he quipped.

            I laughed. “No, seriously.”

            “Hmm… I’m not actually sure.”

            “Meghan Fox?”

            He wrinkled his nose. “Nah, not for me. Redheads are more my type.”

            I shoved him lightly. “Very funny.”

            “No really. Karen Gillan is probably my celebrity crush. Oh wait! Who is that singer from Paramore? Her too.”

            “Hayley Williams?”

            “Yeah!”

            Rolling my eyes, I leaned back against the couch. “What about an actress that isn’t a ginger?”

            “Alexis Bledel. She’s got pretty blue eyes.”

            “Is blue your favorite color?”