PROLOGUE

The two bodies bags lay in the dusty dirt behind the building. The enemies had, once again, eradicated two of the US of A's government spies. And this time, they had gotten their best: two prodigy children, spies fresh out of the academy, young and ready for action.

"Did you take care of them, Agent 274?"
"Junior Agent Gerard Way and Junior Agent Lindsey Ballato have been eradicated."
"And the bodies?"
"Bagged up and ready to be picked up."
"Good."

And so, the two corpses in question were abandoned out behind the headquarters, waiting to be picked up by the deposal team and burned.

Or, so they thought.

The first body bag wriggled a bit, before unzipping from the inside. A chubby young man sat up, looking around with a round face and big hazel eyes. Sloppy black hair fell into his eyes.

"Hey, Lindsey, you need help out of the bag?"

The second body bag quickly unzipped as a young lady sat up. She looked around with round brown eyes, black pigtails a mess. She looked over to the boy with a toothy grin.

"Yeah, definitely need help out of the bag."
"Smartass."
"I try," she replied, standing up and dusting off her black uniform, "Now, is the bomb planted?"
"Yup," he confirmed, giving her a thumbs up. He stood up and did the same, poking at a hole in his sleeve.
"Good. The agency is going to be proud of us."
"Yup!" the boy beamed, smiling at the girl, "Ready to go home?"
"Ready as I'll ever be. Come on, let's go."

The girl reached out, taking the boy's hand. The two sweethearts began to ran into the forest, laughing all the way. Once again, Lindsey and Gerard had outsmarted the enemy and outsmarted death. After all, that's just what they did.