The Mate and the Imprint

"So let me get this straight." Carmen began. She pointed to the Cullens. "Vampires." She turned to Renesmee. "Halfbreed." She turned to Scott. "True Alpha Werewolf." She turned to the LaPush Pack. "Bootleg Werewolves." Rosalie and Emmett snicker. "Imprint." She finished as she pointed to herself.

"We're not bootleg Werewolves." Paul growled. "We're Shapeshitters who just happen to turn into wolves."

"You used to think you were Werewolves." Bella pointed out.

"Shut up." Paul snarled.

"He's the temperamental one." Leah stated.

"And you're the bitter bitch." Paul hissed.

"You want another go Asshole." Leah snarled back.

"Oh don't think just cause Jake's hitting it makes you our Alpha Female." Paul retorted. Leah snarled and launched herself at him, Phasing mid-air, and crashing into Paul who Phased as well. They clawed and bit at each other, moving further out of the house. Scott watched in surprise and Carmen in fear.

"Holy shit." She breathed. "Holy shit..."

"Shouldn't you stop them?" Scott asked.

"They'll be fine, we heal really fast. They'll come back in an hour laughing." Seth promised.

"You two go make sure they don't kill each other." Jacob said to David and Jared. Jared rolled his eyes before leading the way outside.

"It seems like you all have bad tempers." Scott giggled quitely. "It's so strange."

"Hmm?" Isaac prompted. "What is?"

"They're so different yet so much like us." Scott stated. "They turn into Wolves, run a higher temperature, they're fast and strong, fast reflexes and superior senses, they have an Imprint, can Phase as they please, terrible tempers and it's hard to control themselves at first, exceptional healing but..."

"Would you mind telling us more?" Carlisle asked. "About your kind. I heard only what Caius wanted known about The Children of the Moon." Scott looked up at the curious doctor and smiled, he had a want to know just like Stiles.

"There are two types of Weres- Born and Turned. Most often Turned Weres were bitten by a Were but there are other less common ways to be Turned. I'm a Biter, I was bitten by an Alpha- they're the only ones who can turn you by bite. But The Bite is a gift and a curse, it's unpredictable. If it takes then you become one of us...if it doesn't you die a slow, painful death. There's no pattern to it really. I have a Beta who had epilepsy who was able to be Turned, I have perfectly healthy Betas who took the Bite- or in Liam's case were given the Bite- for other reasons who were Turned but my Head Beta Derek- his high school sweetheart was perfectly healthy when she was bitten by an Alpha but it didn't take." Scott stopped for a moment as if mourning for the girl he didn't know. "Eye color shows status. An Alpha's eyes are red, a Beta's yellow, and an Omega's green. When a Were takes the life of an innocent their eyes turn blue- they stay blue no matter their status unless they're an Alpha and if they lose that position they revert back to blue."

"There are three stages. The first is the easiest, partial, once a Were can control itself it'll be able to turn just one part of itself if need be. The second is fully wolfing out- claws, cannines, eyes, the whole nine yards. The third is Evolving. You can only really reach it when you're at peace with yourself- those who try to force their way to that stage turn into...well, monsters."

"It seems you're a lot more complicated then the LaPush Pack." Esme muttered. Scott hummed.

"Born Weres usually come from a family line, the head of the family is the Alpha and the rest are Betas, then the Alpha's eldest becomes the next Alpha. It's possible to become an Alpha by killing an Alpha as well. Those are the most common forms but there are also Alphas like me who become an Alpha through sheer will. For us to become True Alphas we can't kill- I'm not sure about after but I don't think I want to find out. True Alphas are different- like I said earlier there's a lot I can do that seems impossible."

"Oh my god, my cousin is a bad ass." Carmen said proudly. Scott laughed at her delighted tone.

"When we first begin to wolf out it's hard- everything is suddenly clearer, louder. Our senses and reflexes heighten, we run a higher temperature, we heal fast- unless the wound is from an Alpha, we're stronger and faster and can't control our changing, any rise in emotion or heart rate could cause us to wolf out. We can also take away other's pain."

"We're not immortal though, severing the body at the waist or head or hitting a vital organ without immediate attention will kill us. So will exposure to Mistletoe or Wolfsbane- different types have different effects and it's also what's inside Silver Bullets. We're our strongest on the Full Moon but also have the least amount of control then at first too. We have Anchors, something to keep us grounded and sane. They're different for everyone: a certain person, an emotion, an object, a mantra or word."

"Most Packs are large- five or more. The more in the Pack, the stronger The Pack is. Most Packs have an Emissary, a Druid who acts as their advisor in a way."

"So how strong is your Pack?" Emmett asked.

"My Pack is special. Not only do they have me, a True Alpha, but they aren't all Weres. We also have a large territory with a Beacon called a Nemeton- it draws supernatural things to our territory. We're allied with many of the creatures we protect in our territory alongside our- as Stiles calls them- sister Pack. Normally Packs are named after their territory but if there's more than one in one territory they go by the last name of the Alpha."

"This is so cool!" Carmen squealed.

"What about Mates?" Alice asked curiously.

"There are regular Mates and True Mates. The way Deaton explained it to me is that regular Mates are like similar souls who find each other while True Mates are parts of the same soul drawn to each other, destined to be. There are myths that True Mates search for each other through lives and that one cannot exist without the other." Scott answered as he glanced back at Isaac who watched him closely.

"I guess we're all similar in that aspect." Edward said. "Vampires mate for life and a Shifter only Imprints once."