The Full Moon and the Bonding

"So what is it that I have to do exactly?" Isaac asked from where he was seated on his bed.

"It's a lot simpler than it sounds. Even though I'm away from my pack we're still bound." Scott replied as he sat down.

"Bound?" Isaac questioned.

"Well...Jacob's Pack can communicate and hear each other's thoughts, in our Packs we can sort of...sense each other through our Pack Bond. We know when things change- if one of our own gets hurt or dies we feel it, our wolves howl mournfully. It's a sad sound really, the sound of a Pack losing one of their own." Scott explained, his eyes downcast.

"You lost someone." Isaac stated. Scott looked up at him with a sad smile.

"No, I was lost." He responded. "I've died many times- for the protection of my family, at the hands of people blinded by their greed for power- but no one can seem to kill me and make me stay dead." He chuckled sadly. "I've heard my Pack mourn my death many times."

"It weighs on you." Isaac murmured. "The guilt that you weren't strong enough, that you caused them pain." His hand came up to caress Scott's face. "I'm glad you were strong enough to live. You think as Alpha you have to carry your Pack's burdens and your responsible for anything that happens but no one can take care of your pain." He leaned closer, his lips nearly touching Scott's. "It's okay, I'm here now. Let me shoulder the weight, I'll take whatever you can't handle."

"Isaac." Scott breathed, tears welling up in his eyes. "It's a lot. It's a lot of pain and guilt and self-loathing. I've tried to keep it from them, the hurt. Ms. Morrell says I'm depressed."

"Let me help." Isaac pleaded. "You can be weak and vulnerable and sensitive and sad in front and me alone. When you feel drained and so sick of it all I'll be there to carry you." Scott smiled, Isaac was so caring, and leaned forward to kiss Isaac.

"Okay. If that's what you want." He agreed after pulling away. "Now back to what I was saying. Tonight is the Full Moon and you need to prove to my wolf that you're an adequate mate."

"How do I do that?" Isaac asked.

"Claim me." Scott answered. "After I catch you, claim me." Isaac blinked and his head tilted as he thought about it.

"You want me to mount you?" He questions. Scott moaned.

"Don't call it that please, if you do I'll be tempted to tell you to do it now." He stated. "But essentially yes, my howl afterwards tells my Pack I've mated, they'll feel a change."

That night they stood outside waiting for the Moon to peak.

"It's time." Scott finally announced as he looked up. "Go."

"Are you sure you can catch me?" Isaac asked. Scott snorted.

"Don't get cocky, it's my turn." He replied. Isaac smirked before taking off into the woods. Scott waited, giving him a head start. He wolfed out, tipped his head back and let out a howl, before taking off.

Isaac had never felt such a rush. It was like he was playing hide and seek with a fun prize waiting for him when he lost. He passed over his own scent trail a few times to confuse Scott. He forgot how much fun running and playing could be.

It doesn't do much as the Alpha tackles him when he nears a creek. They roll and tussle, Isaac trying to come out on top and the Alpha not making it any easier for his potential mate. Isaac took a moment to appreciate the fact that he could choose to produce venom or not before biting down on the back of Scott's neck and snarling. Scott whined and went limp.

"Mine." Isaac hissed quietly.

A howl sounded through the woods.

"Could they be any louder?" Rosalie grumbled.

"For once I'm with the Bimbo Leeche." Paul added. Rosalie snarled at him.

"Say that again Mutt, I dare you."

"Now, now. Play nice." Emmett interrupted as he pulled his mate towards their room.

"Like I'd ever be nice to that mutt." Rosalie muttered.

"So how does this work exactly?" Carmen asked Seth as they sat in the sand at First Beach, water licking their legs. "What happens next?"

"Whatever you want. I'll be whatever you need me to be." Seth answered.

"That doesn't sound very fair." She responded.

"It isn't sometimes but we've accepted it."

"I guess...I would like to give it a try then." Carmen said quietly. "If...you want."

"Oh I want, I want that very much."