Heartbeat

Tonight was the night.
Tonight was the night I was dreading.
AJ and Luke thought it was a good idea to throw a party for both the Raw and Smackdown rosters to just relax and mingle with everyone. Everyone was so excited to go and see their friends that they haven't seen since the draft. I was kinda having a nervous breakdown.
I was on top of my game,top of the divas division when an injury put me on the shelf for six months and when I came back I was drafted to Smackdown with AJ.

To say I was worried was an understatement. Before I got hurt,I was in this secret relationship.I honestly thought that we were in love. But when my career was hanging in the balance,he left. I was at my lowest and he decided he just couldn't be with me anymore.
"Jessa,"AJ hugs me as he ushered me into the threshold"you look beautiful,I'm so glad you are doing okay"
I smiled at the phenomenal one"yeah,my shoulder is doing so much better. I'm still doing physical therapy as well"
AJ hugs me and leaves me into the kitchen.

I was suddenly feeling so stupid and I didn't know why I was still there. I was about to put my cup down and walk out when I hear AJ and Luke yelling. I walk into the living room and seeing the one person that I was trying to avoid. The one person who broke my heart and stomped on it. He was saying hello to everyone when he looked up in my direction. I feel like I stopped breathing as brown eyes met green. I roll my eyes and walk towards the door. As soon as my hand touches the doorknob,a hand grabbed my arm.
"Jessa please"
I turned around and looked at him."what Karl?"
"please I wanna talk to you!"
I walk outside as Karl followed me outside"well,I don't really want to talk"
Karl grabs me and kisses me"please baby? I wanna just tell you how sorry I am for leaving when you needed me"
I shake my head"Karl,please let me go"
I look towards the door as AJ and Luke walked outside. AJ smiles as Luke crosses his arms"so is there anything you want to say Karl?"
I gasps as Karl grabs my hand"I messed up.We were secretly dating for a while until Jessa got hurt. She wanted to still see each other and I just froze. I didn't know my feelings at that point but I know them now Jessa"
He pulls me in towards him"I made such a huge mistake walking away from the one person that made me whole. God Jessa,I have been in love with you since that night you got into the drinking game with AJ. You are the love of my life."
I look at him pouring his heart out"this is what I wanted for the longest time Karl. I have been so in love with you. I just needed it to be real and authentic."
Karl caresses my cheek"I want this to be a real as possible and I want you"
I look up as Karl move to close the gap between us"Jessa I love you and I am so sorry that I hurt and left you. I was such an idiot. Please forgive me"
I smile as I kiss him sweetly"I love you too"
We kiss as AJ and Luke clap"I shipped them"
Luke rolls his eyes as he grabs AJ and walks inside leaving us alone.
"I do love you Jessa and I really want this to work out"
I kiss him"I do too"

I know love isn't easy but I really do feel that the love Karl and I have,is real.