Why?

Usually I would have gone to the Olympics with my husband Ryan but I'm 4 months pregnant and he doesn't want to risk anything. So I watched him on the TV. He got a gold medal in the men's 4x200m freestyle relay. With the help from the amazing and my long time best friend Michael Phelps. Me and Ryan met through Michael.

~~Flash Back~~
It was the 2004 Olympics that I met Ryan. It was Michaels first time competing and he invited me and his mom to travel with him. I was ecstatic. Michael had come so far since he started swimming. I remeber when he was young he used to hate the water! Then one day while he was at my house we decided to go out to the pool. He took his usual spot in the lawn chair as he just watched me swim. It all happened so fast I was swimming my laps and I went to practice my flip. I went to close to the wall and hit my head really hard. So hard that it knocked me out. I don't remeber much of it only what Michael told me. Which was this after I hit my head I started to drift to the bottom. Michael started to get worried when I didn't come up to ask him how long it took me to finish. After a few seconds he had enough and dove in to find me. I might have forgotten to mention my pool is like a public pool but private it starts a 3ft for the kiddos then goes to 9ft so I can practice for swim team. I had hit my head on the deep end. Once Michael found me he took me to the top and got me out as quickly as possible. He started doing CPR until I coughed up the water that had gotten into my lungs. After that moment we had grown A LOT closer and he discovered his love for swimming. And now we are here in Athens at the 2004 Olympics. Michael's mom and I had to stay at a hotel outside of the Olympic village which was kind of sad cuz we weren't able to see him till after he finished his events.
Michael received 6 gold medals and 2 bronze! We went to the visiting area so that we could congratulate him and give him hugs. When we arrived he was talking to the hunk that is Ryan Lochte. Michael's back was turned to us with Ryan in front of him. As we got closer I saw Ryan staring at me and faint heard him ask Michael, "Whoa... who is that girl that is walking towards you?" At that moment Michael turned around and got a huge grin on his face as he replied, "That is my best friend!!!" He then took off in a sprint to come and hug me. "(Y/N)!!!" He shouted,"Ohhh I've missed you so much!!!" I giggled as he kissed me on the cheek and responded "I missed you to Mikey!" I said. Mikey was my childhood nickname for him. He hates it but I love it. We were still hugging when a voice did a little cough and then spoke up "Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend Mikey?" I laughed at that last part. Michael looked at his friend and said, "First off never call me that again, either of you. Second Ryan this is my friend (Y/n). (Y/n) this is my teammate Ryan Lochte." I shook Ryans hand and said "I know I'm a huge fan" Ryan smiled and winked while Michael cleared his throat, "How about we go out to dinner all four of us? Yeah?" We all agreed and headed off to the restaurant.

~~End of Flash Back~~

The rest was history. Me and Ryan started dating then we got married. And now I'm pregnant. I'm not sure how Michael felt about all this he seemed fine but there was always something off about him when he was hanging out with Ryan and I.
My attention got ripped from my thoughts at the mention of my husbands name. I thought it was something good but soon realized that I was wrong.

"On Sunday afternoon, six or so hours after the swimmers returned to the village, USA Today and Fox Sports Australia, citing Mr Lochte's mother, reported that four US athletes had been robbed on their way back from a late night party.... At this point, a police official told the Associated Press that Mr Lochte and Mr Feigen were unable to give basic details and are contradicting each other's stories."

All I heard was Lochte, Robbed, and lies. Why in the would would he do this? I switched it to the next news channel and was completely taken aback.

"I feel bad for his wife...."

What the hell? Right then the door opened and in came Ryan. "Speaking of the devil" I said as he came in. He started speaking, "please bab-" but I cut him off. "Why the HELL would you do something like that?? You completely embarrassed us! We're you not thinking?" I asked anger rising up inside me. "Baby please forgive me I made a stupid mistake and I'm sorry" that pissed me off "You're sorry?.. you're sorry is that all you have to say for yourself? What in the world made you do something like this? You know what, stress is not good for the baby I'm going to go stay at a friends. Don't bother following me or calling me until you actually have something to say for yourself." With that I walked up got some clothes and called Michael.

~~Hey guys! Sooo I'm thinking part 2 something happens between Michael and the reader😉~~