Chapter 7

I woke up to the rain softly pattering against the bedroom window, and I rolled over to see my beautiful boyfriend sleeping peacefully, almost like a baby. He looked so calm and serene as he slept, which was probably a counter for his sass-driven persona when he went in to work. I simply laid up against the headboard, and I glanced at my phone. I didn't have a case to go work on at the SVU, and Rafael had no pending court cases, which meant that we both had off for the day. The calming sound of the rain, along with the peaceful silence that accompanied it was the perfect way to wake up at 5:30am on a Saturday morning.

A few minutes passed, and I saw Rafael beginning to come to. I smiled as he woke up, and as he opened his eyes, he looked at me and smiled lazily. "Were you watching me sleep?" He asked, his voice rough and low since he had just woken up. I chuckled and defended myself, saying, "Hey, you're really peaceful when you sleep. It's different from your normal sass and smart-assery." He laughed and asked me sarcastically, "Is that even a word?" I smirked as I finally got up out of bed and said, "See, that's smart-assery."

I felt Rafael's hand on my wrist, and he pleaded, "Come back." I huffed a breath out and sat back down on the bed, and his arms enveloped my waist. "What's today?" He asked, still waking up. I smiled and said, "Saturday. Neither of us have cases today, so we have the day to ourselves." Rafael smiled and asked, "Well, what would you like to do?" I smiled widely and said, "Let's go watch a Yankees game." Rafael paused, and then pointed out the window. "The rain is only supposed to get worse, Jess... The game will get cancelled." I groaned, and Rafael thought out loud, saying, "The Rangers are playing the Penguins tonight, that would be a good game... I can get us box seats." I laughed and replied, "You and your DA connections." He smirked and asked, "So I take that as a yes?" I smiled widely and replied, "Yeah, it's a date."

I went out into the kitchen and began making some waffles, and Rafael followed me. He was wearing a pair of baggy Harvard sweatpants and a gray tee shirt, and I was wearing a pair of navy blue NYPD sweatpants and a white tank top. I finished making the waffles and shoveled them onto our plates, and Rafael kissed my cheek and said, "Gracías, cariño." My heart fluttered as we sat down. He was such an amazing person- at least, with me. Half of the defense teams in New York probably hated his guts, but I loved him.

The hours before the Rangers game passed quickly, and I found myself wearing my Lundqvist jersey, along with a pair of jeans and heeled boots. I straightened my hair and let it hang at my sides. Rafael, for a change, was wearing a Zuccarello jersey and jeans. He was still wearing a pair of dress shoes, but I let it go. We left my apartment and took the subway to Madison Square Garden, ready for the game- it was gonna be a good one.

The game went by quickly as Rafael and I stayed in our little suite. We had gotten a private suite because of Rafael's status as an employee of the New York County's District Attorney's Office, and I was along for the ride. We watched the Rangers and the Penguins go back and forth, tie the game at the end of regulation, go into overtime, end that in a tie, and go into a shootout. Of course, Henrik Lundqvist saved the day, making 3/5 saves against the shootout. We beat the Penguins, 3-2 in a shootout.

*

"Yeah... Yeah, that's fine. Just let me know, Liv. Thanks, I really appreciate it." Rafael hung up the phone, and he must not have seen me. "Why were you on the phone with Liv?" I asked, startling him. "Jeez, Jess..." I chuckled and said, "Sorry... But is everything okay?" He smiled and replied, "Yeah, everything is great. We just had to clear away something about a date for an arraignment. We're all good." I sat down on the couch in the living room, and I put my feet up on the coffee table. Rafael grabbed his cup of coffee, hit my legs down playfully, and sat next to me. To get back at him, I moved my feet so that they were on his lap, and he glared at me, daring me to keep them there. I accepted his challenge, and just as we were about to start watching an episode of Friends, he began tickling my feet. I laughed and tried to get away, but he had a strong grip on me. "Stop! Stop, please!" I begged him, laughing hysterically. He smirked at me as he continued tickling my feet, and he brought his face closer to mine. "There's only one thing you can do to stop me." I leaned up and kissed him on the lips, and he stopped tickling me. I smiled into the kiss, and we separated. I leaned on him as we began to watch our episode of Friends, relaxing and eating popcorn after a great day.