Chapter 5

Alec's POV (did not expect that, huh?)

"I'll show your rooms if you want?" Isabelle asked hesitantly not sure if they'll agree.

After few moments, the first guy said "You can" and they all started to follow Isabelle.

I wonder why Isabelle said she knows that girl from somewhere. Maybe she sounded familiar to her or something. Or maybe Isabelle was just paranoid as always.

I was on my way to the library, when someone yelled something on language i don't know. Probably some Shade language or something. That's not very good. If they can speak to each other without us to know what are they saying... let's just say, not good.

I pushed the door and went ahead to the bookshelves. I was there for some time, searching for a good book. I heard the doors open, so i stepped back. That girl, their leader, and two guys came in. They looked around library, and didn't see me. Strange. If they saw me, they didn't pay attention on me.

One guy lifted the girl and started running through the library. 'I should show myself' I though. The girl started to yell and laugh at the same time. Then, her hood fell on her back and i saw long, straight, white hair. Her hair stopped at her waist. It was that long. She still had her sunglasses on, but her face... oh my god i saw that face before. But where?

I quietly stepped forward, with attention to show myself, when the guy said something that shocked me.

"I missed this Clary last few hours" He said and she gave him a smile.

'Wait, what? Clary?' i thought

"Maai, Cain, Maai" She corrected him, very annoyed.

Oh my god she even changed her name. What happened to her?

"Right sorry, i'm still trying to get used to it." He said and put her down. She slowly put her hood back over her head again, and turned to the other guy, the one who didn't lift her.

I decided to stay in shadow, and watch what is happening. I know i shouldn't... but my curiosity won. I just found out that Clary is alive and she is the leader of Shades. And her look...let's just say... she's changed.

"Give me one" She said, looking into other guy. He smirked and got cigarettes out of his pocket. Wait, she is smoking? What the hell. He gave her one, one for Cain and he got one for himself. They leaned against the wall and he passed a lighter to Clary. I was watching her putting the end of cigarette on fire and passing lighter to the first guy, who gave it back to the one with cigarettes. She inhaled and exhaled. She finished her cigarette long before The first guy. She looked at him and smirked.

"No you won't" He said and started to run, but she was obviously faster. She punched his arm and cigarette started to fall on floor. I have never seen somebody so fast, but she quickly catch it and put it between her lips.

"Bitch" He said and smirked. Was he her boyfriend?

"Idiot" She replied and started to laugh.

Guys started to laugh with her, and soon they were very loud.

I finally decided to step forward.

"Clary?" I said quietly, but i was sure they heard me.

All three of them turned to me. Guys protectively stood in front of her, so she was behind them.

"How did you just call our leader?" First guy asked so quiet, i barely heard him. He was probably mad or something.

"I-I ca-called her C-Clary, wh-hy?" I barely said, afraid of them. Who knows what are they capable of. Once I heard that one of them was killed by a group of shadowhunters, and they ripped their fingers and limbs before they killed them. They're.. dark.

Clary and I became really good friends before she left us. I missed her so much, and i would be happy and sad at the same time if this is her. I mean, i would be happy to see that she is alive and well, but i would be sad because of what she turned into.

The first guy looked at Cla-girl, waiting for order. She nodded and in less then a second guys were behind me, catching my arms, and forcing me to knee. She slowly came to me and put her finger under my chin. Clary used to do that as well.

"Alexander" She said quiet, with her ice-cold voice. If that guy didn't call her Clary, i don't think i would ever think that this girl is Clary.

Slowly she put her hood on her back and showed her face. And then, in that moment, it hit me. She didn't look like Clary. She is Clary.

"Clary..." I started but she interrupted me.

"Alexander, you have to swear on Angel and make unbreakable promise to me. Swear on Angel you won't reveal my identity to anyone. Swear, Alexander, swear." She said and looked at me.

"No" I said. "We need you Clary. We missed you. Izzy, Magnus, Jocelyn, Luke, and well.. Jace"

"I am so sorry Alexander" She whispered and took off her sunglasses. I gasped when i saw her eyes. One black and one white. That's why they had their sunglasses. Her eyes weren't green anymore. She looked deeply into my eyes.

"About wha-" And then it started. Pain. I have never felt such pain. Every inch of my body suffered in pain. I started to scream. I couldn't take it anymore. I started to lose consciousness, and the pain stopped. I looked at Clary again.

"Alec- I mean Alexander, please just swear on Angel. You don't have to suffer. I am not that worthy."

"Don't you ever say that again" The first guy spoke again.

"Not now, Cain" She said annoyed. So his name was Cain. Good to know.

"Alright i will do everything u want." I said and surprisingly. I just didn't want to feel that pain anymore.

"Say it Alexander." She said and i immediately knew what she meant.

"I, Alexander Lightwood, swear on Angel that I won't reveal your identity to anyone, except if you let me." I said and I meant it. I would never break it. No matter what.

"One more thing." She said and cut her wrist. Why did she do that? Then that guy, Cain, cut my wrist too. She gave me her hand I put mine on hers.

"I will never reveal you identity to anyone, except if you let me." I said and removed my hand. I just made unbreakable promise. I i break it, i will die.

"Thank you Alexander, and sorry for the pain, but it had to be done." She said and put her sunglasses and her hood back. Cain and that other guy let me go and i opened the door, leaving the library.

'What did i just do?' I thought to myself, bumping into someone.

.

.

.

Dum dum dum dum... what do you think so far guys? Rate and comment please! ♥