The Demon and the Bat

"Wooooow!" Mira's eyes sparkled as she walked into Wayne Manor with the other guests of the benefit. "So this is what it's like in this house! Amazing!"

The team had split up through the city in search of information on Mikoto. Apparently, Cana's Tracking spell went dead after it passed through the portal.. and something was hampering any tracking powers around this world.. not to mention the city of Gotham smelled terrible, and hampered Natsu's senses greatly.

But the inside of Wayne Manor's vast halls was quite different.

A passing waiter offered Mira a drink, which she turned down. She was here on more important business after all.  If anybody knew enough about the city to find a missing friend.. it was this Bruce Wayne guy..

She was not disappointed. Halfway through the party.. the man himself came up to make an announcement.

"Friends.. thank you for coming to this little get together.. like I've said countless times before, it's not about me." said Bruce. "It's about the fact that the Thomas and Martha Wayne Orphanage for Lost Angels, get's another 3 billion to spend on the children of Gotham.. are most precious resource.. thank you... I didn't really have a speech planned, but if you'd like to hear me say something a little more ridiculous, I've only just started on the booze, so stay tuned."

The guests chuckled at the joke, while Mira just raised an eyebrow, not quite getting it.

"Now without further ado, let us continue.." said Bruce, raising his glass. "To Gotham and the betterment of it's future.."

"To Gotham!" Everyone else cheered.. and so the festivities resumed.

Mira smiled, and walked over to Bruce. "Hello! That was a glorious speech Mr. Wayne!"

"Why thank you.. though, I don't consider that the speech." Bruce said, shaking Mira's hand. "And.. you are? I don't quite remember you being on the guest list, forgive me.."

"Mirajane Strauss." said Mira cheerfully. "And no.. I'm not on the list, I might have snuck in.."

"In that dress? Quite a talent." said Bruce.

"I'm actually here to ask you something." said Mira. "I've been wondering, since you seem to know a lot about Gotham, if you could perhaps tell me some information about it? Help me get to know this city a little better."

"Not many want to do that.." said Bruce. "Not considering our crime rates.. but I guess I could indulge you.. "

Bruce smiled and nodded, with an arched eyebrow, and Mira couldn't help suddenly feeling hot under the collar.

Oh my.. this man was one handsome stud..

Mira brought out a paper, on which she had drawn a bat symbol. "I was wondering.. if this means anything to you?"

Bruce looked at it.. then, much to Mira's surprise, he gave her a dark look.. "What is the meaning of this?"

"W-well?" Mira stammered. "D-did I say something wrong?"

"If you would excuse me.." said Bruce downing his drink quickly. "I have some business to attend to.. I suggest you find the door before I call security.."

Mira blinked with confusion as Bruce walked off. She then looked at the symbol in her hands. "Just what is this thing? That it would cause such a fuss?"

Meanwhile Bruce walked into the sitting room, where he entered a secret compartment leading to a secret elevator leading down to the Batcave.

"Alfred!" Bruce said, calling on his coms.. "Lock the Batcave down! We've been breached. Send the guests home.. "