4: Government of the Dragons

(Lucy's POV)

The king sat before me, in his high and mighty a chair. He was dressed in clothing worthy of a king. His red-ish pink-ish spiky hair was covered by a golden crown. His presence was very intimidating.

Natsu guided me further close to him by gently holding my hand. His face said "Don't worry, it's alright." I trusted and followed him.

Gajeel and his team and the nice young girl bowed to their knees at the king. Natsu gave a simple bow and I did too.

"Natsu," the king spoke. His voice was very deep and serious. "What is the meaning of this? Bringing a human before me?" He said. I heard Natsu gulp. This was his father, he was the king of this place. He truly is intimidating.

"Father," Natsu began. "You have to hear me out. She's actual not a harmful person,"

"Is she the reason you've been missing for weeks on your little 'expeditions'?" He questioned.

"Yes, she is actually the princess of the humans. She was ordered by her father to marry some guy that she doesn't even know, father she's been held there by her own father for 4 years to rot in a tower!"  Natsu says raising his voice a bit.

"Natsu, watch your tone my boy." He replied. "Girl, what is your name?" 

I stammered, "L-Lucy Heartfillia." There was a long pause, I was scared on whether he'd let me stay or order me to be executed.

"Natsu, my boy, if you trust this girl, I shall let her stay. But she can not leave the palace. I may accept her, but others of this kingdom may find my judgment ludicrous." The king replied.
Natsu bowed and said "Thanks Pop!" With a smile. That's when I bowed and then I sneaked a peek at the king. He was smiling and it was a warm smile.

Wendy, and Gajeel stood up. They smiled & smirked. "So Lucy-San, you'll be staying at the palace?" Wendy asked.

"I guess I will. This way to kind, I thank you all for letting me stay." I say smiling.

"Nonsense Luce! Your welcomed to stay, I mean if you go back there, they'll make marry someone." Natsu said dropping his arm around me. I blushed.

"Natsu-sama, is Lucy-San really not like the other humans?" Wendy asks.

"Nah, she's real sweet and she's not that strong enough to hurt anybody!" He replies.

"Hey! I'm right here ya know?" I yell out.

"hehe, anyways my point being, she'd never hurt a fly." Natsu says with that big stupid grin of his. The one that Makes me  melt.

"Well, anyways I really do want to know if you humans can be nice. I don't like the violence the other humans displayed months ago." Wendy said.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"1 month ago, a bunch scrawny humans came charging into one of our farming villages and just started attacking." Gajeel says.

"That's awful, why would they?" I ask.

"Because they found out they were from the dragon clan." Natsu says.

There was another silence.

"Well, I'm not like them. I won't hurt anybody. I won't have a reason too, so why would I?! Doing something like that, brings shame to being a human." I state.

Wendy let's out a giggle. "You really are different from other humans Lucy. If you want you can stay in my room in the palace!" Wendy says. "As the Royal advisor, and daughter of one of the grand council members, I have a very large room!"

"That's a nice offer Wendy, but she's my guest so she'll have her own room." Natsu says.

"Oh ok then, but I want to come over, I want to know more about you humans." Wendy says. "If you'll excuse me Lucy-San."

"Yes, good bye Wendy-San."

"Well I got a go check on the barrier group." Gajeel said.

"Isn't rogue in charge of the barrier group?" Natsu asks.

"Exactly. See ya later bunny girl." Gajeel says.

"Bunny girl?" I ask.

"Well you kinda smell like bunnies, with *sniff* *sniff* strawberries and vanilla?" Natsu said.

"Thanks for smell check. So if you don't mind i'd like to ask about the whole monarchy here." I asked as Natsu guided me to my room.

"Sure. There's the king and the grand council. The kids of those on the council have responsibilities to the kingdom too."

"Like how?"

"Well, Gajeel there is the son of Metalicana who is in the council. He's the Royal guards captain. Wendy is also daughter of Grandine another member of the council and she has the responsibility has the Royal advisor. One of the other members of the council are Weisslogia and Skiadrum. Their sons, Sting and rogue have the jobs of like I said, in charge of the barrier group who make sure that there are no intruders in the kingdom. Sting's job is in charge of the prisoners and dungeons. He makes sure that there punishments are carried out and the attendance of the prisoners.  Laxus and cobra are the only other captains of the Royal guards. As you can guess, I'm the prince."

"So what exactly do you do?"

"Well I, uh, hmm. What do I do?"

I laugh. "You don't even know?"

"Oh! I remember now, I help my dad rule this place."

"Oh I see."

"Well here's your room, it's fit for a guest of the Royal family. If you want anything just ring the bell. Plus, dinner is usually is at sundown! Catch you later." 

"Bye Natsu."

I walk into the room. It's huge. This is my new home huh?