2) 4

Ivory Whitaker | Memo

"Mommy I hungry."

"Okay Aspy give me two minutes."

"I hungry now."

"Aspen give me two damn minutes." I said a little louder going over my essay again before I sent it off.

She said something but I didn't pay attention, after sending it I walked out the study into the kitchen. I saw Aspen sitting on the floor trying to clean up all the eggs she broke.

"You never listen, I told you to wait!" I yelled popping her hands.

"I hungry." She sniffed.

"Aspen you was just eating chicken, you could of waited a few minutes. Go call your father and tell him to come get your annoying ass."

She started crying all dramatically running out the kitchen, I rolled my eyes cleaning up the eggs. When I was done Zay came in the kitchen holding Aspen who was still crying.

"I said go call your father and tell him to come get you, not go get Zay!"

"Why you hit her?"

"This is exactly why I hit her, she don't listen."

"All she said was she was hungry, you could of took time out of your busy schedule to feed her."

"God I'm trying. I go to church every Sunday, I'm passing all my courses, I donate clothes and give back to the community. I've been working on my attitude and I've been taking care of my kid. Please guide me in the right path so I won't f some ish up. Amen."

"Can you fix her something? I was sleep."

"Maybe if you would have came in the house at a decent time you wouldn't of been sleepy."

"I told you already my bitch kept me up, man we had a wild night." He shook his head smiling.

"Alright." I shrugged getting the bacon out since Aspen has an addiction to bacon.

"Memo! Where you at?" I heard Journee yell.

"Kitchen!" I yelled back. I watched as Tay, Journee and Jade walked in making me smile.

"Jade!" Aspen yelled trying to get down.

"Aspy!" Jade yelled as they hugged each other falling.

"They get on my nerves." Journee laughed.

"I was just making Aspen some bacon, y'all hungry?"

"I'm hungry." Zay said.

"Go eat at that bitch house then." I stared at him.

"Y'all get on my nerves too." Journee and Tay laughed.

"Man wassup Tay? You got something to smoke?" Zay asked.

"You better be going outside with that." I looked at him.

"Yo, you really annoying as hell can I say something without you talking? Nobody not talking to you."

"I talked anyway, you gon do something about it?" I put down the pan.

"So Zay let's go outside." Tay said. Zay walked out making sure to bump me.

"Why y'all so hostile? Thought y'all would of been all over each other." Journee asked eating the strawberries. 

"He's mad because I lost my ring." Her eyes widened.

"What ring? Your engagement ring?"

"Yeah."

"Bitch I would be mad as hell too, that ring was heavy and cute. I could only imagine how much it cost plus it means something."