Chapter 5

Ava.

"Ahh, good, you're awake!" I looked up from my book after hearing Damon's voice, now seeing Kai was slowly blinking his eyes, looking around the library with confused eyes. He then smirked back to Damon, probably working out where he was. "Now, for the Q and A portion of the evening!" Damon spoke happily, holding a poker in one hand, Kai's bag of pork rinds in the other.

After Damon had knocked Kai out in the grocery store, we had taken him back to the Salvatore Boarding House and tied him to the infamous 'torture chair' as Damon had called it. "Let me guess, I answer right I get a pork rind. Wrong - I get the poker." Kai raised his eyebrow as he spoke.

"Oh! No, no, no!" Damon exclaimed, "The pork rinds are for me!" He spoke, abandoning his previous plans -Kai's wording- and making up a new one as he went along, hiding the bag behind his back. "You just get the poker!" Damon smiled evily as he pushed the poker slightly into Kai's shoulder.

"Simple." I interjected, placing my book down and making both boys look towards me. "Answer right and we'll all be friends here." I spoke with a shrug, walking back towards Damon, leaning on him. Damon smirked slightly at me before looking back at Kai. Damon had wanted to turn me into a vampire to be his new hunting buddy when Alaric had died, but as obvious, I refused his offer.

"Oh, Ava," Kai spoke with a sad voice. "I never expected you of all people to side with Damon." He sneered slightly as he spoke Damon's name and I narrowed my eyes at him. "Bonnie? Yes. But you? No."

"And I never expected you to be a crazy psychopath, I guess we are all just full of surprises." I answered back and he smiled dreamily at me again. No! He just tried to kill you and Damon! He is not dreamy! "Now, please, kindly answer our questions."

"Oh well." He shrugged and smiled back to Damon. "Yeah, you don't have to do that," He spoke, eyeing the poker as Damon waved it in a circle. "We're on the same teaaam!" He spoke with a slight laugh.

"Oh really?" I spoke with disbelief evident in my voice and Kai and Damon both looked to me. "Do you always try to kill your teammates?" I asked and Damon looked back to Kai, awaiting his answer. "That doesn't seem like the team spirit we need, thanks."

Kai laughed slightly before speaking up again. "Listen, the important thing is Bonnie got her magic back... It worked." I looked at Damon as he looked at me and we both shrugged, looking back to Kai. "Wait.. Wait.. You didn't actually think that i'd kill Damon did you? In what universe would I do that?! Why would I kill off a fourth of our population? I may be crazy but i'm not a monster!"

Damon and I both looked at each other carefully, considering Kai's words.

"I knew Bonnie would show up." Kai continued and we both looked towards him again as he spoke. "She always comes back - all thirteen times, as do you Ava," He sighed with a shake of his head. "It's silly really, why don't all three of you just take each corner of the globe and be done with each other if you argue so much?"

"You must not have very many friends." I added and Kai smirked at me.

"Anyway!" He glanced back to Damon as he spoke with a louder voice than before. "I knew that, with the right motivation, Bonnie would be able to access her magic!" He exclaimed, revealing his master plan to us. "Although, I did get a little worried with all your bickering that Damon's life wouldn't be enough motivation.. but! Turns out it was.." Kai spoke with his stupid smirk again as he stretched out is fingers the best he could under the tape. "I guess that's just how they show their love," He looked to me as he spoke and Damon muttered under his breath.