Chapter 10

3rd Person.

"Mmmm!" Damon called loudly causing Ava to roll her eyes at him, knowing he was trying to provoke Bonnie for what she had done only moments earlier.

"Can you-" Bonnie started but was interrupted by Damon.

"Mmm-Mmm, MM mmm MMM!" He called out as he lowered the beer bottle from his lips, leaning back onto the tree he stood beside as he made the annoying sound once more. Ava looked towards him from her place on the ground, lowering her book down.

"-Stop?" Bonnie asked with raised eyebrows as she held her Grams' grimoire in her hand and stared at Damon, annoyance clear on her face - almost completely mirroring Ava who was two times more annoyed than either of them.

Firstly, she was annoyed at Bonnie for killing possibly their only way of escaping this hell hole and secondly, she was annoyed at Damon for taking out his annoyance on both of the girls  instead of just Bonnie.

"Can you just let me concentrate?" Bonnie asked with an extremely bored tone as she narrowed her eyes at Damon.

"On the bright side-" Damon started, completely ignoring Bonnie's request to the dismay of Ava. Damon swallowed loudly and glanced down at the beer bottle in his hand. "This stuff's not so bad," He offered, looking towards Bonnie. "It's fruity and fizzy!" He spoke with a disbelieving tone.

"Damon, I'm working on something." Bonnie spoke after rubbing her forehead in annoyance. Ava rolled her eyes and looked back down at the book in her hand, trying to concentrate on the paper in front of her.

"On the not so bright side is you intelligence," before Bonnie could protest Damon had continued to speak. ".. because you took the only chance of us getting out of here and turned him into a giant.." Damon paused trying to think of the right word.

"Douche-Kebab?" Ava offered from across the hole at Damon who smiled, laughing slightly at her word choice. Damon then nodded before taking another drink from the 'fruity but fizzy' drink in his hand.

"Think about it guys," Bonnie paused. "What prison gives an inmate a key to get out?"

"Is that a trick question?" Damon shot back, almost instantly. "Or is this stuff actually starting to kick in?" Damon asked, crossing his eyes for impact.

"I think the Gemini coven used a Bennett spell to create this place..." Bonnie offered, pausing for a second. "What if that is why my Grams sent me here?" Bonnie asked and Ava thought for a second. That was good logic from Bonnie there.

She looked towards Damon to see his reaction to her words before frowning after seeing him making a stupid face. "This is the face I make when I don't understand you," He then proceeded to tilt his head and make an even weirder face.

Bonnie rolled her eyes and sighed out, looking down at the ascendant in her hand and back at the grimoire, her eyes flicking between the two as she thought for a second. Ava closed the book in her hand and stood up, looking towards Damon and frowning slightly as she glanced down at Kai's dead body on the ground.

"You know, the last thing my Grams said to me.. was to stay strong," Bonnie informed the two. "What if that was her way of telling me that I had the power to get out? I have the ascendant, a massive celestial event to draw from.. plus a burning desire to get away from Ava." Bonnie added at the end.

"Hey." Ava frowned at the insult.

Bonnie then looked back down at the ascendant in her hand before muttering some magic words to herself. The ascendant then moved, making a horrible screeching noise as it did so. Damon and Ava looked at each other in shock, silently questioning if they just imagined that.