Chapter Two

Wednesday morning dawned with a raging hangover and an overzealous child. I had only drunk two glasses of the beautifully sweet mead Castiel had brought to the dinner table but no one had warned me of its potency. It was the only alcohol I had consumed despite the entire city spending several days in full blown celebration.

Dragging Danny down to lay beside me, I snuggled back into my pillow and attempted to get back to sleep. It was futile. The small boy continued to laugh and talk at a painfully loud volume. Each word caused an answering throb in my head.

"Shush baby, mummy's head is sore." I croak as I scrunched my eyes closed in a vain attempt to pain rattling through my skull.

The little bundle in my arms stilled for barely a moment before he started to giggle, his body squirming in an attempted to get out of my hold. A second later he was free and once more jumping up and down on the bed beside me. I threw my hands over my ears in an attempt to drown out the sounds but two large hands wrapped gently around my wrists and pulled them away from my head.

"Come on Savannah, it's time to wake up." Lucius said loudly, his voice full of mirth even as it drilled painfully within my head.

Cracking open my eyes I pressed my lips together to fight the rising nausea. It appeared that being immortal was absolutely no help with the effects of imbibing too much alcohol. "Why are you so chipper? You drank so much more than me."

"I have thousands of years of experience in drinking Castiel's special mead. And because I'm awesome." The dark haired man boasted. His grin was so wide I could see his sparking teeth.

"Stop being smug, Lucius." I groaned, rolling my eyes at him. Regret set in instantly when the room starting to tilt and spin. Clamping my lips together, I pulled my pillow over my head and attempted to hide beneath it.

"Get up, Savannah. You need to get ready now if you want breakfast before we're due in the throne room."

"Throne Room?" I asked dumbly, lifting the corner of the pillow so that I could see him.

And see him I did. Lucius was dressed up – more dressed up than the suits and ties he had loved to wear at Satani Media when he was having a bit of a power trip.

Sitting up, I held the pillow between my hands as I gaped up at the man. He was breath taking. The black jacket resembled formal military attire, with a high neck and simple clean lines. It had been pressed to perfection with red bands around the cuffs and beautiful gold detailing around the button holes and collar. White gloves were tucked under the red belt wrapped around his waist. Even his shoes had been shined to perfection.

And there comfortably hanging from his hip was his angel sword.

"Wow."

"You approve?" He asked. His smile was smug even as the question left his lips.

Laughing, I threw the pillow at his face and then promptly groaned when my head gave an answering throb. "I do wonder. If you're wearing that, what do I need to be wearing? I don't think any of the dresses I have can possibly match up to your outfit."

And I meant it. The man would be drawing every eye in the room and didn't he know it.

"When you went shopping the other day, I may have asked the seamstress to take your measurements and create something extra special for the day." Lucius replied, his hand rubbing at the back of his neck as he waited for my response. "It's in the wardrobe. Now we men folk are going to leave you to get ready in peace. I'll get one of the ladies to help you sort out your ... hair."

With those parting words, he grabbed Danny around the waist and pulled him off of the bed. The two bent their heads together and giggled. No doubt the two of them were plotting against me. I had already sat on three whoopee cushions and found several plastic bugs in my food. I had a feeling this was going to be something else I wouldn't like.