Memories | DaiSuga

Memories | DaiSuga

(A/N) - Eh-hem, quick announcement, can you please go visit my Quotev? (Username: BlazeSage.) I have a survey on there of Haikyuu ships, and if you could fill it out, I'd love that! It'll only take about five to ten minutes.  Thank you. And enjoy the ang- sorry - story!

Sugawara walked down the sidewalk. It was a warm spring day. Birds chirpped, cheerily, bugs buzzed around on the blooming flowers. Everyone was enjoying the heat of the sun. Except for Suga.

He held an old Karasuno Boys Volleyball jacket close to him. It was soft and cozy, just like the hugs Daichi always gave him.

"Koushi, I'm home!" Sawamura called out. He flopped down on the couch, exhausted from work.

"Welcome home, how was it today?" Suga asked, as he walked into the living room to greet a fatigued Daichi home.

"Tiring, I had to do extra paperwork, and my boss wouldn't let me take a day off tomorrow for our anniversary," Daichi replied.

Suga had a sad smile etched upon his features. But then it brightened.

"Daichi, no matter what, I still love you, we can still celebrate our anniversary over the weekend. It'll be just as special," Suga said.

Daichi got up from the couch, and pulled his husband into a tight, warm, soft embrace.

"I love you too, Koushi," Daichi said. He nuzzled into Suga's silvery hair.

Sugawara could never forget that last hug. It seemed like Daichi would never let go. But Suga didn't mind, he treasured it deep inside him.

Children laughed and played underneath the sun's rays.

Suga looked at them, and a small smile spread across his face.

"Daichi, do you want kids one day?" Suga asked all of the sudden.

Daichi looked over at Suga. "I don't mind them. I actually think it might be fun to have kids."

Suga grinned. He's always wanted children, but he couldn't have them biologically with Daichi.

A few months passed. Daichi and Suga talked more in depth of getting a child.

So, they looked at orphanages.

'I couldn't make a complete family,' Suga thought. The once happy expression, was now one filled with gloom.

The former setter continued down the road, and there he saw it. Cherry blossoms thriving, a beautiful sunset, and Daichi on one knee saying "Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" Suga said joyfully.

A year later, there they were, both in suits. The whole ex-volleyball club was there, along with Daichi and Suga's families. They were all smiling, and some were in tears.

Daichi and Suga stood up front, both hands linked, looking into each others' eyes

"I do," said Daichi, finishing off the vows.

"You may now kiss your dear, huband," the priest said.

Daichi initiated the kiss, pulling Sugawara into it. It was quite passionate, despite all the people watching.

'That was only a few years ago.' And it was. Here he was. Suga held a bundle of flowers close to him.

He walked inside, through the gates. He was here after all the pain he endured through the memories.

"Daichi, why did you have to go?" Suga said. Tears were threatening to fall, as he stood in front of Daichi's grave.

It was year. One year since their anniversary. The one where Daichi's boss wouldn't let him take a day off. And one year, since his death. . .

On the stone, there were words enscribed upon it. The words that kept Suga going:

"Karasuno FIGHT!"

Thanks for reading. If you liked it, please vote, and leave a comment. Requests are open still. You're free to request away!