Practice and Gifts || Shimizu Kiyoko

Practice and Gifts || Shimizu Kiyoko || Female

I stood outside the doors to Daichi's home. The Karasuno Volleyball team wanted to have a party after beating Shiratorizawa.

I knocked on the door, only to find Nishinoya and Tanaka to answer.
Their eyes lit up when they saw me.

"The beauty, Shimizu-Senpai, is here!" Nishinoya chanted.

"We must protect the goddess of grace," Tanaka chimed in.

Just in the nick of time, Sugawara came to rescue me.

"Hello Shimizu-Senpai, nice to see you here," Suga greeted, in a much kinder and gentler tone. "Come in."

I slipped past Nishinoya and Tanaka, and stepped through the threshold of the Sawamura house-hold.

Everyone was there, Hinata, Kageyama, Ennoshita. . .

They all seemed excited that I had joined their celebration.

I sat down on the couch with Yachi. We talked for a little while. Mainly about how wild Nishinoya and Tanaka were.

"Onii-san! I need help on question seven!" a female voice called down the stairs, as she trotted down them.

She held a book and notebook in her hands.

She was quite beautiful with her (H/L) (H/C) hair, her (E/C). It was kind of hard to tell that she was Daichi's little sister.

The girl found her brother, and began to ask him about what she needed.

She nodded, and closed her book, bit didn't go upstairs. She set down her text book on a table, and started to walk around. She struck up conversation with people on the volleyball team.

I could see that she was smiling so brightly. They enhanced her elegancy. She soon left the duo of Tsukishima and Yamaguchi, and came over to talk to Yachi and I.

I felt my cheeks going warm once again.

"Hi, I'm Sawamura (F/N)," the girl said. She gave a big grin. She held out her hand to me.

"I'm Shimiu Kiyoko," I introduced myself.

"Nice to meet you. Hi, Yacchan." (F/N) said, switching her gaze over to Yachi.

"Hi, (F/N)-Senpai!" Yachi said.

We sat down and has a very long chat, it lasted for the rest of the party.

**********

It was only after the Shiratorizawa after party when I realized that (F/N) went to Karasuno, too like her older brother. She started showing up at the volleyball practice to what she says is to watch Daichi.

However I don't believe her. She never seems to be watching Daichi, she always has her (E/C)  eyed gaze on someone else: Kageyama.

Of course, I too, find him aesthetically attractive, but he always has intimidated me. I don't like his constant dark aura, or the way he has a hard time saying the simplest of compliments.

Whenever (F/N) showed up and watched the volleyball practices, occasionally, she'd come and talk to either Yachi or I, but nothing really big.

It was now that Christmas was nearing, and (F/N) stopped showing up to practices. I tried asking Daichi, but he was always vague about it, saying that she went home because she was sick, or something like that.

I wrote it off, that she was coming down with some bad illness, that wound her up staying out of school for a while. For the meantime, I had a Christmas Eve dinner with the volleyball team.

It wasn't in any way a romantic dinner, just a platonic thing, but we were exchanging gifts.

I sat down in Sugawara's dining room. We were all circled around a table.

**********

Hinata was jumping around in his new shoes, that the team had pitched in to get him, along with Tanaka and Nishinoya, both of them getting new knee and elbow pads. The rest of us, just chilled at the table, having some friendly banter.

During that time I constantly wondered if (F/N) was going to come, since Daichi had said that she was feeling  a bit better.

"Hey, Sawamura-kun, is (F/N)-chan coming soon?" I asked, my curiosity and concern getting the best of me.

"Yeah, she told me she'd-"

Just then there was a knock on the door, and in came (F/N). In her hands she held a big bag full of boxes. 

"Sorry I'm late," she apologized. "Is it too late to exchange gifts?"

"No, no," Suga replied.

(F/N) sat down, and unloaded the boxes from her bag. Each box had an assigned name on it. However I never saw any of them with my name on it. 

She then passed them out to each member, and smiled as they unwrapped them. All of them were similar, but not the exact same.

She had knit sweaters for each of the team members, including Daichi and Yachi. Every one of them had a unique twist to them. It represented their team number (as of now), and their name printed onto the back. On the front, on the left side, it displayed Karasuno Volleyball Club, and on the right side, which position they person played.

In Yachi's case, she got a sweater, too, with her name stitched on the back, but instead of a number, it has "manager". Her sweater was the colour scheme of Nishinoya's, a majority orange, and black details. Honestly, I was jealous of them, I wanted a sweater that resembled my position for the volleyball team.

That's when (F/N) bent down back into the bag, and brought up with her a slightly larger box with my name on it.

"Here you go, Kiyoko," she said, handing me the gift.

I pulled the ribbon, causing the bow to fall, and gently unwrapped the decorative paper. I opened the top of the box to reveal a small, silver necklace laying on top of a sweater, that I assumed to be mine.

I gingerly picked up the necklace, and examined it, seeing that my name was engraved into it. My eyes shifted up, seeing that everyone was staring at me.

"Do you like it?" (F/N) asked.

"I do," I smiled. I peered down back at the silver thing, then clasped it around my neck. "Thank you."

"Y-y-you're welcome. . ." (F/N) was reluctant when she began to speak again. "I-I li-ike you, Ki-iyok-o," she sputtered out, and her face faded to bright red.

Out of all the times Nishinoya and Tanka have called me out, that time Terushima had cornered me with his friends, or even that time I was brave enough to do an inspirational action, and hang up the banner that said "fly, I have never blushed harder in my life.

"Wi-ill you go out with me?" she asked, swallowing all of her pride.

It was a no brainer. "Yes."

Before I knew it, I felt a pair of lips on my cheek. They were warm, soft. (F/N) pulled away, blushing madly.

"Awwww, young love," Suga fawned.

"Ryuu! We missed our chance!"

Daichi leaned over on the other side of me (opposite of where (F/N) kissed me, and said: "Don't you dare hurt her."