E l l a

Hi guys! As some of you may know, I've been toying with the idea of writing a modern-day version of a fairy tale for quite a while. After a few rough starts, I've finally settled on a plot that I think you'll enjoy-and just in time to enter The Watty's #JustWriteIt challenge! I plan on updating every day until I hit 10,000 words, so please check back on August 20th for the first official chapter. Your votes and comments are always appreciated, and that's no different this time around!

A few things to keep in mind...

1. This story will be much shorter than Sleaze and Check, Please (don't worry! Once I reach my 10,000 word goal, I will resume regular updates of the latter).

2. I will edit each chapter before posting but I apologize if my writing seems less polished than usual. Thanks to weeks of procrastination, my primary goal at the moment is to meet The Watty's August 31st deadline. I will edit the story more thoroughly down the road.

3. This is my first time dabbling in true chick-lit and the first time I've written from a girl's POV in a few years. I'm excited but also nervous. I'll say it again-your feedback on this story would really mean a lot in terms of helping me improve.

4. I'm trying to boost my social media engagement with my readers, so please feel free to connect with me on any of the following platforms:

Twitter: ghostwriteit

Instagram: liamichelleee

5. I'm low-key obsessed with Gabriella Wilde's face. It's fine. Nbd.

Hope you enjoy the story! <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever since her father passed away, seventeen-year-old Ella Cinders has escaped from the pain of losing him by focusing on making her dreams come true--big dreams that all begin with getting out of Pepper Falls, Virginia.

Armed with sketchbooks and a passion for creation, Ella has her heart and mind set on becoming a fashion designer--and not just any old fashion designer either. Ella wants to be a household name, like her role model, Coco Chanel... Too bad her stepmom refuses to even look at the brochures for the fashion schools that Ella desperately wants to attend after graduation.

Her family and friends may not understand Ella's obsession with trading their rural town for big city life, but Ella knows that she has too much talent to waste it by working on her stepmom's horse farm forever. When she wins a free trip to New York Fashion Week, Ella sees it as the first step towards making her dreams a reality.

Ella might think she's ready to take on the concrete jungle, but she's about to learn that chasing your dreams involves sacrifice and countless surprises. On top of that, by the end of her week in New York, Ella will understand that sometimes a journey of self-discovery can lead you to someone who will change your life forever...