Chapter 2: Bruce Wayne

"Wake up you ungrateful brats." Miss Jake said. I hate her so much. She's a bitch. I roll over in my bed. "Ace what did I just say?" She asked. I sat up in my bed. "What!?" I asked. "I want everyone to be on there best behavior especially you Ace. Mr. Wayne has come and decided he wanted to adopt one of you brats. Come on out and line up." She said. I fixed my hair and put my jacket back on then lined up like she asked. Every time someone wanted to adopt we'd line up and they'd ask us questions then decide who they want. I'm at the end since I'm the oldest. They usually pick the little kids.

Mr. Wayne looked down the line. He walked toward me. What the heck he didn't even stop at the little kids. "What's your name?" He asked "Ace." I replied. "Hmm what's your favorite color." He asked. "Black." I replied. What does my favorite color matter? He looked over to miss Jake. "I want her." He said then pointed to me. Me?! "Her? Are you sure?" Miss Jake asked. She is as surprised as I am "Yeah." He replied. What is wrong with him? "Uh okay you'll just have to fill out some paperwork. Ace go get your thing." She said. I went back to my bed and put my shoes on. That's all I have. I then went back to them. He signed a paper then looked at me. "Ready?" He asked. "Yeah." I replied. We went outside.

There was people taking pictures and saying his name. That's got to be annoying. He lead me to his black Lamborghini. "I like your car Mr. Wayne." I told him. "Call me Bruce and thanks." He said. We then both got in his car. "Um ok Bruce, why'd you decide to adopt me?" I asked. I was just so curious because why would you adopt me? "I just wanted company in my mansion. It gets lonely when all I have to talk to is Alfred my butler." He replied. "Oh." Is all I say. "So what do you like to do for fun?" He asked. "Um I don't know." I replied. "There has to be something you like doing." He said. "Well I like taking walks when I get bored." I told him. "Wow I guess you really don't know what fun is." He said then laughed a bit. "I guess not." I replied. "How about we go get ice cream?" He asked. "Sure." I said. I love ice cream. Like love it.

He parked his car and we got out. We then went inside. "Get whatever you want." He tells me. Well I'm sure he doesn't mean that because if he did I would have everything in this ice cream store. He's rich anyway he could probably buy the whole store. I asked for cookies and cream ice cream and he got vanilla ice cream. He payed and we went to our seats. I looked out the window to see people taking pictures. "Do you ever get used to that?" I ask him pointing over to the windows. "Yeah it happens every time I go out." He replied. "So what's it like being a billionaire?" I asked. Was that rude? Whatever. "Boring." He told me.

"Oh I wish I was a billionaire." I said. "Really? What would you buy?" He asked. "I would donate money to the orphanage because it's terrible living there." I replied. "You don't have to worry about going there ever again. What else?" He asked. "Give money to animal shelters. I love animals. They're so cute" I told him. "What about yourself?" He asked. "Oh myself. A phone, a Lamborghini, a huge boat, and my own mansion." I replied. "I have all those things." He said. "That would be because you are a billionaire." I told him. "Yeah but I want more." He said. Dang spoiled much? "Like what?" I asked. "What money can't buy. A family." He told me. "Oh but your Bruce Wayne you could get any girl you want." I said. "They want me for my money. I want someone who wants me for me." He replied. "Oh well those kind of people are hard to come by these days." I said. "Yeah they are." He agreed. When we where finished we went outside and into his car. He then drove to his house.

When we got there I got out and stared at the huge mansion. "Wait until you see the inside." He told me. We walked in and it was huge. This is to good to be true. I'm gonna live here? "I'll show you your room." A man with a British ascent said. I wish I had a British ascent. "I'm Alfred." He told me. "I'm Ace." I said. He showed me to my room. It was beautiful. It was big with a king sized bed and it even had a balcony. "I'll tell you when dinner is ready Jade I mean Ace." He said then left. Who's Jade? Whatever my room is amazing. I sat on my bed. It also had a big T.V. Even has a bathroom connected to it. Better then before I used to just have a small bed next to 20 other girls.

There was a knock at the door. "Come in." I say. Bruce came in. He had his hands behind his back. "Okay I have a surprise for you." He said then handed me a box. It was a phone. "Oh my gosh!" I said as I open the box. It was an iPhone 7 plus. "So I got you a phone and you already live in a mansion. I have a yacht that we can go out on anytime so it's just the Lamborghini that I need to give you. But your not old enough." He says. "That's fine. I have enough as it is." I replied. "Okay I'll see you at dinner." He says then left. Why is he so nice? You'd think he'd be a spoiled little brat. That's what I used to think. It's like he wants me to like him for some reason. I set up my phone. Wow this thing is awesome! How can this day get better?