Prologue

Six Year ago

I had woken up expecting to see Derek next to me after what had happened last night. But was shocked to not find him there so I called out his name after receiving no answer I looked at the time seeing I was late for school so I assumed Derek just left early to get to school for an early basketball practice but part of me knew better  than that. 

He had showed up at my door last night telling me i was the one and that he was stupid and one thing led to another and it ended with us doing the unspeakable. It made me smile knowing I was finally  the one after so long. I quickly got ready and drove to the school so I could find Derek.

What I didn't expect was to find him with Kate wrapped around his arm and them sharing a quick kiss while he looked at her with a love I only wished he saw me with.  My heart broke as I watched the scene. He had done it again, I cant believe I thought it was different this time.

I quickly went up to where he was and grabbed his arm while muttering a short "we need to talk." he nodded and walked over to the corner with me.

I looked up at him with such a cold look I'm surprised he kept eye contact as I said with a humorous tone, "so what was last night, a game, a joke, because I'm clearly confused as to what you wanted."

He shushed me and and replied, "it was a mistake Kennedy, I wasn't in the right mind me and Kate got into a fight and I just didn't know what to do I was confused."

"Are you serious! You can't just keep stringing me along Derek! First it was with Paige and now Kate. You need to choose, me or her!" I screamed at him.

He looked shocked but didn't say anything.

"Guess that's my answer, Don't try and contact me anymore you're dead to me." I said as I walked away from him while bumping into his shoulder. I was just a toy to him, he played me for the last three years of our friendship. 

I quickly turned back and saw he had walked back to Kate like nothing i said to him affected him. Guess i wasn't as important to him as I thought I would've of been.

Guess I should've seen this coming though this has been going on since high school started. With Paige and now Kate. He knew my feelings and I'm just realizing now that he used them for his benefit everytime.

What I did not expect was that to be the last time I saw Derek. Not after he got me pregnant...