Changing Lanes

Tony and and Ziva found Lieutenant Silas Dancy going for a walk near the White House, acting totally unconcerned and innocent. When they accused him of kidnapping Onyx, he continued to play innocent, only to ask for a lawyer the second he sat down in interrogation.

After he left with his lawyer, Jenny and Gibbs walked along the orange corridor in the interrogation area together; she'd been the only one available to watch him because everyone else had been busy.

"Well, that was a bust." Jenny sighed. "We're at a standstill right now, but dare I say that Tony, Ziva, and McGee are still digging into Silas Dancy's life?"

Gibbs nodded. "Yeah, and with all three of them looking, but not even a dead body for Ducky and Palmer to investigate, a fourth person looking for leads would be too many cooks in the kitchen."

"Good point."

Jenny motioned towards the elevator, which, by this point, they had reached.

"Do you want to go check on Abby to see if she's done analyzing the letter?"

Gibbs pressed the down button on the button panel. "Alright, but watch—twenty bucks tells us that Abby will tell us that she just finished analyzing it."

"I'll do you one better." Jenny challenged as they boarded the lift and the doors closed. "Twenty-five says that Abby and RJ both jump out of their skin."

Jenny pressed the button for the lab level of the building, and the lift beg and to descend. 

"Those two are two peas in a pod."

Gibbs laughed and nodded in agreement. "That's for sure."

The couple arrived in Abby's lab to hear the Footloose theme playing and to see Abby and Rubyjane at Abby's desk in the main room.Using her step stool, Rubyjane stood next to Abby, even leaning against her with an arm slung around her shoulder for support. Both of them proudly wearing lab coats over their clothes, and their minds completely in 'science mode' as they examined a five dollar bill on a slide under Abby's microscope, neither of them realized they had visitors until Jenny let out a high-pitched whistle. 

"Director! Gibbs!" Abby quickly turned down the music and put a hand over her fast beating heart. "You guys scared me!"

Rubyjane mimicked Abby's movements and chirped, "Me, too!"

Jenny promptly turned to Gibbs, a cheeky grin on her face and a hand outstretched. "Like I said—they're two peas in a pod. Easiest twenty-five bucks I've ever made."

After some griping on Gibbs' part, Jenny pocketed the bank notes and turned to Abby.

"We came to see if you had finished analyzing the letter."

Abby bobbed her head in confirmation. "Five minutes ago, and since Gibbs always shows up exactly when I need him, I decided to show Rubyjane how a microscope works in the mean time."

Rubyjane herself let out a pitiful whine and leaned against Abby, raising a hand and signing a single word.

"I know you're hungry," Abby cooed to Rubyjane. "But I promise we'll get food after I finish talking to Aunt Jenny and Uncle Gibbs."

Rubyjane heaved a theatrical sigh and clambered off her stool, pausing only to blow kisses to Jenny and Gibbs before going to play with her toys again.

Abby laughed as she led Jenny and Gibbs over to her evidence table. "I guess that's got kid number one sorted."

"Then let's keep this on track so she doesn't stage a coup." Jenny said in a tone of pointed suggestion.