Chapter Seven

When Dan was stressed, there was only one thing that could ever put him at complete ease: Alcohol. With a little bit of alcohol, his inhibitions went down levels and his mind went deliciously still. He could barely think, let alone speak, and that was everything he ever really wanted at a time like this.

Dan cringed as he downed another shot of cake flavoured vodka. The taste was rather putrid in his mouth, leaving behind a burning sensation in his throat, but he tried to wash it down with a large inhalation of smoke from his lit cigarette.

This house party was rather small, only him and about ten other friends, but the house was small and made it seem like there were more people than there actually was. There were a group by his side playing beer pong and his mind swam when they let out loud whoops and hollers, ones that would surely disturb the neighbours.

There was a pretty girl by his side, one with beautiful straight black hair and pretty blue eyes that sparkled in the dim lighting of the house. She enjoyed slamming back vodka almost as much as Dan did and her laugh chimed through the air whenever Dan made a lame joke. He normally didn't try to socialise with girls much, but after almost two weeks since Cheryl stopped talking to him, he didn't know what else he had to lose. Obviously, that resulted in Dan being a major fuckboy, finding a different girl to screw every night and never calling back even when he 'promised'.

This girl wasn't any different, but her looks were enough to make Dan feel on edge for some unknown reason so he took his fifth shot of vodka and swayed a bit on his feet. He didn't remember much after that.

He vaguely remembers leading the girl to a different room before pulling her into him, kissing her as best as he could when he was absolutely sloshed. She didn't seem to mind and tangled her hands into Dan's hair, pulling, tugging him closer. Dan could feel the heat between them and he tried to ignore the uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach as she peeled off his shirt and then her own.

It hadn't been any different the past few weeks so why was he feeling weird about it now?

He tried to shove the thoughts into the back of his mind as he unbuttoned her tiny shorts, pulling them down to reveal laced red underwear. The sight made a sudden wave of nausea overcome him, and he didn't stop to think about the fact that he may have consumed too much alcohol.

"You okay?" The girl asked as Dan paused.

He didn't need to answer. Instead, he puked on the floor, right where she had just taken off her shoes.

Now he remembers why he didn't go outside.

The girl - he vaguely remembers being named Victoria - didn't seem too upset about it and pulled his hair out of his face until he finished, rubbing his back patiently. Only when he sat back and wiped a hand through his sweaty fringe did she smile at him and talk. "We should probably stop on that note," she murmured. There was concern in her eyes and Dan wondered how she was so nice when he was literally going to just use her like a dirty rag. Wow, he is an awful person. "Let me give you a ride home. I've had less to drink than you have and made sure I would still be able to drive."

Dan nodded, sighing a bit. He followed her out of the room, feeling rather guilty as she picked up her shoes and stuffed them into a plastic bag. He hoped they weren't too terribly ruined or he may just have to reimburse her after puking all over her.

Lady-killer Dan, that's what he was.

The ride home was quiet and Dan felt the growing nerves welling inside of his body. His mind was still fuzzy but he faintly remembered that he was actively avoiding Phil at the moment. He prayed to whatever God there was that Phil wasn't home right then, that way he could sleep and leave early in the morning without having to interact with his roommate. Whenever he thought of Phil, there was a terrible taste in the back of his throat and a shiver running underneath his skin. It made him want to puke all over Victoria's car, but he tried his best to hold it in, instead rolling down the window and spitting the salty saliva building in his mouth into the cold air.