The Lilliac Cafe

As Benjamin and Katie sat there eating. Katie said "whenever you come here look for me you can always sit with me. This is the booth I always take.' They just started talking making light conversation. Before they knew it Katie was on her third cup of coffee with a side of cookies. Benjamin was on his second cup of vanilla latte but his third piece of cherry cheese cake. 'That cake looks good' said Katie. 'So do the cookies. Wanna share? Asked Benjamin.

The two newly met friends shared their cake and cookies.

They talked and laughed they were having a good time Katie told him how. William proposed to her. 'That sounds like a very romantic evening' said Benjamin. Benjamin told her about his family back home in Kansas. Before they knew it it was four thirty wow time flew when Katie first sat down to eat it was exactly seven forty five. When Benjamin joined her it was exactly eight twenty.

Katie said 'its getting late and dark and I gotta catch the bus.' Benjamin offered to drive her home both ordered some to go food.

Benjamin and Katie exchanged numbers 'thanks so much for letting me sit with you.' Benjamin said. 'It was my pleasure' Katie said. Katie picked up her purse and food bag and went to her apartment. Whew what a day. She decided to eat one of her cookies. She rolled her eyes and sucked her teeth it was a whole cherry cheese cake and one vanilla latte and one carmel latte.

Katie called Benjamin 'sorry to bother you but I got your order.' Benjamin laughed and said something she couldn't understand. Was he eating my cookies funny. Benjamin finally replied with 'I figured but hey these cookies are really good. Do you think you can deal with the cheese cake?' Katie replied with a giggle ' you bet I can. See you tomorrow Benjamin.'

' Call me Benji' said Benjamin. 'Only if you call me Kat' said Katie.