xvii

"You're so pretty," I sigh, looking up at Mary as she fixes her hair. She blushes and I reach my hand out for her, her slim body moving towards me. She grabs my hand and I tug her on top of me, her giggle making me smile.

"I'm meeting up with my friends today," she tells me, my lips pouting.

"I wanted you all weekend," I say, her lips pressing to my cheek.

"Harry, I haven't seen my friends in a while. You see me every day," she reminds me, my eyes looking up at her.

"But you work again tonight. That's a long time without each other," I laugh at the end, her hand swatting my chest.

"You need to work on your new case a little. Sound good?" she tries to say, my eyes rolling.

"You're funny. I'll pick you up after work and we'll come back to mine," I say, her smile cute.

"Okay," she grins, pecking my lips.

She gets up and I stand up, walking behind her as she works on her make-up. I just watch as she draws on her face and I watch her closely.

"Why do you do that to your face?" I ask, her shoulders shrugging.

"My mom taught me to," she says, my hand fiddling with one of the brushes. Then I grab a tube and open it, my eyes widening at the spiral brush at the end.

"It goes on your eyelashes," she tells me, my eyebrow lifting.

"What does it do?" I wonder, her hand grabbing it from me. I watch her put it on and her eyelashes grow in size, my lips forming an 'o'.

"Here," she says, handing me a tube of lipstick.

"I don't think this is my color," I tease, her hand shoving my chest. It makes me laugh, knowing now that she's cute when I try to joke around. We're comfortable together.

"Come here, baby," I grin, her body turning towards me. My hand moves and I carefully set the gloss on her lips, my eyes focused. When I'm done, she rubs her lips together and puckers. I can't resist and I peck her lips, knowing I now have gloss all over my lips. And she's laughing and I just shake my head, but the smile is unable to leave my lips.

"It's totally your color," she grins, but she runs her thumb over my lips. The gloss is removed and I kiss her forehead, so happy with her.

A knock on the door sounds and Mary smiles, my heart dropping to the pit of my stomach.

"They're here," she beams, walking downstairs. I take a deep breath but end up unable to move when I overhear the girls talking. It's clear they don't think I'm here.

"Mary, please tell us everything," one says, then another goes crazy.

"Has he had sex with you again? Oh my God, that must be mind-blowing," she gushes, my feet walking down the stairs.

"No, but it will be," I say, Mary flushing. The three girls look at me and they gasp, my hand cupping Mary's cheek.

"I'll pick you up from work," I tell her, her head nodding. I kiss her cheek and say a quick goodbye to her friends in an attempt to be courteous. I walk out of the house to my car and drive to my place, starting to look through the notes for the case.

My day is slow and I go to the gym to pass some time, my hands covered in gloves as I punch the bag. Zayn helps with my technique, my hands putting my hood up.

I keep working but I jolt when I feel two hands grab my shoulders, my body quickly turning around. But Mary smiles up at me and I relax, my hand moving my hood down.

"We went to get manicures next door and I see you working out," she says, my lips curving down at her.

"You know, I didn't get a proper goodbye," I say, her cheeks flushing. I lean down and kiss her, her hands pressed to my cheeks.

"I'm done at one," she whispers, my head nodding.

"Have fun, baby," I tell her, her smile making my heart race. She waves and walks out, my body turning back to Zayn.

"I've never seen a girl with you before," he says, my hands putting my hood back up.

"I usually never did the whole...girlfriend thing," I say, his head nodding.

"She's cute. Nice choice," he says, my shoulders shrugging. I don't say anything but rather keep my mouth shut, continuing to hit for a while.

When I'm done, I go shower in the locker room and get dressed. My phone's ringing in my bag and I see Mary's number, my thumb pressing the answer key.

"Hey, Mary," I say, my ear listening to silence.

"Harry, please come here right away," she rushes, her voice quiet.

"What's wrong?" I ask, her breathing shaky on the other line.

"M-My ex is here with his friends," she says, my head nodding.

"On my way. Stay hidden away from them," I tell her, grabbing my bag and rushing out to my car. The drive doesn't seem fast enough and I call Liam and Lance to meet me here just incase that fucker and his friends decide to fight, my feet rushing up to the door. I get in and I sit at the bar, texting Mary that I'm here.

Liam shows up and Lance is soon to follow, the three of us standing by the bar. Mary walks out of the backroom and she searches, my feet walking towards her. She holds her cheek and I feel my stomach drop, her eyes filled with tears. My arms wrap around her and I hold her close, my lips pressing to her ear.

"You quit this job and you're staying with me," I tell her, her cheek fitted with a prominent handprint. That fucker hit her.

She breaks down in my arms and I hold her close, my lips pressing to her hair. Then I see him across the bar and I let her go. My body moves faster than my mind and I slam my fist into his cheek, his shock clear.

"You were fucking warned!" I yell, slamming my fist into his face. His nose is bleeding, my knuckles are sore, his retaliation brings me a split lip and bloody nose, and I slam his body into the ground again.

"Harry," I hear Mary call, Liam pulling me off. Lance helps and I turn my attention to Mary, her eyes trailing over my body. I must be a mess.

"Go to her," Liam says, pushing me. My feet fall and I'm soon in front of Mary, her sad eyes making me feel so guilty.

"I'll drive you home," she says, my bloody hands and face must look horrid in her eyes. She walks out and I follow after her, scared what I just did will be the end.

-------
Please vote comment and share!!!
<3