xxv

I roll over in bed and I open my eyes to find myself alone in bed, my body sitting up. The sunlight pours into the room and I get out of bed, putting my boxers and shorts back on. My feet pad against the floor, trying to find Mary. There is humming in the kitchen and I walk out, leaning in the doorway. Her ass is on show, panties on display, and my tee riding up on her waist.  She is a sight from heaven.

Mary turns and stops, a smile taking over her lips upon seeing me. She drops the spoon on the counter and runs to me, her body jumping. Easily catching her, I hug her close to me and smile. The mornings after with Mary are the best because I get to hold the girl I admire.

The girl I love.

My hands run along her back and hold her close to me, her hands winding into my hair. Mary lifts her head and leans her forehead on mine, my lips pressing to the tip of her nose.

"I'm sorry," I say, her eyes looking into mine.

"It's your job Harry. You need to go to work," she tells me, my head nodding.

I always apologize on Sundays for leaving her, hating to do so. But she always says it's okay and I usually end up reluctantly going back to my house.

We eat breakfast and I feel weird, our admittance of saying our love making things so different between us. I'm staying my distance, not pushing my luck, but I know we feel the same.

I get dressed and Mary waits in the living room, my feet walking out to her. She stands up and I hug her one last time before I go, my body dreading to walk out the door. This weekend was important to me; the dynamic so different. I've said something I never thought I'd say but I feel so comfortable.

"My place Friday night?" I ask, her head nodding. She leans up and I kiss her, my ands moving to her face.

I pull away and she walks me to the door, my lips pressing to her forehead before I walk out. But I turn around, her body peering around the door as she looks back up at me.

"I-I love you," I tell her, a huge smile taking over her. It eases my nerves and she moves and kisses my cheek, moving back into her house.

"I love you too," she tells me, my heart racing. I smile and look at the ground before waving to her, her smile bright. My feet walk down the stairs and I take the long drive home, my heart feeling whole. And I decide to take my chances and call my sister when I get home, my nerves growing again.

"Hello?" I hear her, my lip released from my teeth.

"Gemmy?" I whisper, her response gasping.

"Curly, oh my gosh," she rushes, my lips curving.

"Calm down. I just called...do you and mom want to meet?" I ask, her affirmation quick.

"Yes. Oh my gosh. Please meet us tonight at that Italian restaurant on 6th," she says, my lips in a smile.

"Sounds good," I say, hanging up after saying goodbye.

Gemma.

"And you know what he looks like?" mom asks, my head nodding. My heart is pounding and my mom is anxious, the two of us not seeing Harry since he was little. Dad snatched him away and most likely tainted his mind with an unrealistic view of the world, my little brother needing someone. A good influence.

My head looks up at the bell from the door, my heart stopping.

"It's him," I whisper to mom, her eyes looking at him. I see tears well in her eyes and Harry scans the crowd for us, his hands pushing sunglasses into his hair as he walks over to us. Mom stands up in front of him and he smiles, his dimples prominent. He hooks onto mom and I cry along with mom, Harry grabbing my arm and pulling me into them. A group hug in the middle of a restaurant; perfection.

"Curly," mom cries, Harry's arms strong as he hugs us.

"I'm here now," he says, letting us go. He sits across from us and I admire his long curls, his face more sharp than his little chubby cheeks when he was little. He is a very good-looking man.

"How are you?" he asks us, my hand pressed to my cheek as I look at him.

"You're huge," mom says and we all laugh, his smile the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. My little baby brother.

"I'm good," I tell him, his eyes still the bright green as he looks at us.

"How are you?" mom asks him, his smile bright.

"I'm wonderful," he beams, looking as though he's on cloud nine.

"So what are you doing with yourself?" I ask, our conversation smooth. We don't have an awkward moment and I enjoy talking to him. He's very nice; nothing like dad.

"And are you in a relationship?" mom asks, my eyes looking at him closely. A blush covers his cheeks and I look at him with amazement; this seemingly tough guy suddenly turning soft in front of us at the mention of a relationship.

"Yes," he tells us, my smile growing.

"What's she like?" I ask, then play it safe. "He....like?"

He just laughs and I find my heart growing at the sound. My family is all together again; the people that matter, at least.

"She," he smiles, mine shown as well, "is everything to me."

Mom and I 'aw' and he embarrassingly chuckles, my eyes watching him brighten up at the mention of the girl who has taken his heart.

"Tell us about her," mom grins, his hand running through his hair.

"Um, her name's Mary. She's maybe 5'3 and she is very shy. I met her almost two years ago for the first time, then met her about eight months ago again and I tried so hard to be with her. She...needed a lot of reassurance which I gave her and now," he starts to smile, his eyes looking at us again.

"I love her," he beams, so happy about this girl. Mary: a beautiful name.

"Oh my gosh, that's beautiful," mom grins, my head nodding in agreement.

"Could we meet her?" I ask, his shoulders shrugging.

"I only see her on weekends. We have busy jobs," he says, the understanding high between us all. We don't want to say the wrong thing, just wanting to be with each other.

"What do you do again?" I ask, my mom watching him.

"I'm a lawyer. She's a personal assistant," he explains, my mom grabbing my hand.

"I'm so proud of you, my little boy," she whispers, wiping tears from her eyes.

"I didn't know I had a family anymore," he explains, his voice so low, but filled with emotion.

"You always have us. Always."

----------

Please vote comment and share!!
<3 xoxo