Prologue*

Everyone knows about the winter boy, about how nothing can enter his heart of ice and nothing can warm his eyes of steel. Everywhere he goes, snide whispers follow, of how he is a disgrace to the Wizarding World and how he could have been good, but simply went wrong somewhere along the way.

All I know is that, for a while, those eyes let me in, and maybe it's true, maybe I was stupid to think that what we had wasn't ephemeral, wasn't merely a few golden seconds out of an eternity in which we didn't belong, at least not together. But Merlin, did I love those seconds.

He might have regretted them, but I didn't, not a single one.

So Draco, thank you for everything. It was all worth it, every second of your winter.

**************

Hey everyone, thank you for reading! This is my very first HP fanfiction, so bear with me, and here are a few things you should keep in mind.

1- All content related to the HP universe belongs to J.K. Rowling.

2- This story will follow the reader throughout her years at Hogwarts (and perhaps a bit more) to make up for the fact that very few of us actually got our letters to Hogwarts- life as a Muggle is hard.

3- I absolutely adore comments, which some of you will know if you've seen me on other fanfics, so please go crazy with that if you want me to be a happy author!

Thank you so so much for giving this a chance, and enjoy! xx