{1}

Curse

{•}{}{•}

{•}{}{•}

In the living room of a one-storied house, Shivani laid on the marble floor surrounded by shards of glass, grasping the wretched ink on her skin. It was night, and the only light came from a fallen lamp. This was all her fault, all her doing. Her curse. Though she didn't intend for it to happen. She never did. Control had slipped so effortlessly from her grasp the older she became. And when her emotions became too much. Especially, once she lost her family.

Vines started to creep in from the shattered windows of the house. Nature had always taken a liking to the young woman since the day she was born. And it seemed that magical, darker forces liked her too.

The fire still burned throughout the small neighborhood in Gotham. Everything was in complete disaster. The screams had died out long ago. But the dark wicked creatures still crawled on, expanding their terror and searching for more death and havoc to be caused. Not yet to return to their home, and Shivani knew most of them wouldn't. They had to be stopped once and for all. There was only one way.

So she decided to end it.

A prescription bottle laid feet away from Shivani. It's contents had been emptied down her throat. Now there was the waiting. Waiting for them to kick in. Eyes closed she counted imaginary flower petals floating in her mind until she started to feel drowsy. And as if a heavy veil had been put over her head the blackness underneath her lids became dark. It was happening. And she welcomed death with open arms.

 And she welcomed death with open arms

There was darkness. Nothing but that. Shivani didn't know how much time had passed before she finally saw a twinkle of light. The young woman reached out for it but never came close. And was unexpectedly pulled back to the world.

Something vile shot up her throat in an instant. Turning on her side she threw up onto the shatter pieces of glass to the right. A dark shadow watched while looming over her. The dark lines on her skin tingled. The vines had already started to wrap around her body while she was falling into an eternal sleep, but now they slowly unravel and went back out the broken window where they came.

Batman was kneeling beside her removed the syringe from her leg. When he'd arrived before the police he found that she was already five minutes dead. Fearing the serum he made wouldn't work on her, that he was too late. But it did. After she finished spitting up the last of it all confusion took over her face. Finally, she took his presence in with shock, before glaring at him angrily. Tears falling from her thick lashes. He had stopped her from finally being at peace.

At saving the world from her.

"Why?" Shivani asked in a broken cry.

He didn't answer her. She turned onto her other side and curled into a ball. Body shaking as she cried into her knees. Soon red and blue lights came flashing in front of her house slapping color to her blank walls, bringing screeching tires and running cops with guns. Batman picked up by her arms and she let him. Not putting up a fight. He cuffed her and with a hand on her shoulder brought her outside towards an awaiting police car.

"They're gone." Batman's voice was almost like a whisper. But she understood who they were.

The door was open for her. He held her head as she went under and took a seat. The acid taste of her puke was still on her tongue.

"If you had let me die...they'd be gone for good." Shivani looked at him with tired, puffy red eyes.

He looked back at her with pity. The door was shut and the officer drove off. Where she'd be taken to a place where they put people in a hole and throw the hole away.