What Have We Awaken?

-Ember Blake-

No. This can't be happening. No. Not again..

She's back... I can't believe she's back. My heart was racing. I wanted to run. I wanted to hide.

I was trembling with fear. Those piercing eyes... red magma eyes. I felt like breaking down and bawling my eyes out. So many memories... I couldn't handle this.

The only reason why I hadn't snapped was Marlo. He held me so tight I thought he was gonna squeeze the air out of me. He shielded me away from her.

I could feel every second of the moment as a constant unsettling moment. My heart was beating in a rhythm and I could hear it pounding in my ears. I didn't want to look up. I could hear her laughing. That sweet soft angelic laughing with sinister intentions. That laugh that belonged to an angelic demon. Marlo's warmth made me feel secure. I felt that mentally, she won't completely get to me because he will remind me the truth. That I'm not alone no matter what. No matter how badly I wanted to cry and scream and just panic, that he would take me into his arms and never let me go.

"Sweetie, why won't you look at mommy?" My mother asked me in a sweet but demanding tone.

I couldn't find my voice, so Jackie spoke for me. "She doesn't look at abusive, creepy ass bitches. Sorry," Jackie told her.

'No. No. Jackie, stop it. Don't talk to her. You can't. Don't provoke her!' I thought, and badly wanted to scream. But I couldn't. I felt my blood frozen and chills crawling and inching up my spine.

"Aww, Ember. How cute, you got yourself a mutt." She then returned her attention to me as if what Jackie said was just dust on the floor. Annoying but easy to walk over. I could tell Jackie was enraged but intelligently kept quiet.

"What do you want?" Marlo asked.

"What do you care? It won't matter either way once I killed you." I could feel her eyes on me. It felt like lasers burning through my skin as easily as if I were a dummy.

I caught a glimpse of Merci reaching for the daggers on her belt and slowly taking them out. She was going to do a surprise attack on Blaze. My eyes widened and my heart nearly stopped. Merci quietly took them out. I looked up at... Blaze.

She smiled sweetly at me and said, "don't even bother."

Merci's hard expression turned to surprise. "I think I'd rather bother."

"A French rat? Em, you got a very diverse group here. Nice catch." She chuckled and I felt those chills doing parkour on my spine.

"She is not a rat. And Jackie isn't a mutt." Steel defended.

"And you aren't a family failure?" She asked in a curious tone. His fist tightened and she smiled at that. "That's what I thought."

"Jee. And I thought President Bitch was bad." Marlo remarked.

Zander added, "well, they both got an interest in bloodshed, that's for sure."

I saw Blaze's eyes trace to Zander. "I wish I wouldn't have to kill you. But I have no use for you anymore. I have what I need without needing the uneducated orphan brat."

"What do you mean?" Jackie asked, trying to keep her voice calm.

"Like I said, it doesn't matter." She spoke cooly.

"To us it does." Marlo growled.

"Stupid mutant outcasts don't usually get information. It's useless." Blaze insulted us.

"No, it isn't." Zander spoke back.

"Yes, it is. You can't even read, Zander." She said as if she cared.