What's Eating Graham Montague

Chapter 6

"I need a towel."
___________________________

It was Christmas time at Hogwarts, and Geneva was going home to see her family, as were most other people, except for Fred, George, Graham, Marietta, and myself. The Weasley's had gone on a small vacation, and Fred, George, and Charlie decided to stay at Hogwarts, Bill wanted to look for jobs for after he left Hogwarts, and Percy just doesn't want to be around his brothers. Marietta's parents are visiting her grandparents, and I don't know why Graham is staying, he won't tell me, I get worried about him sometimes. I tried asking him about it once, I saw a few tears in his eyes, he was holding a picture. But as soon as I tapped his shoulder, he quickly folded up the picture, wiped his eyes, and smiled at me. He told me it was nothing, but I haven't believed him since. I think maybe Geneva could get through to him, he seems to really like her.

I wonder if I could do something. I start walking down to the common room, and I see him lying there on the sofa, his arms behind his head, eyes closed, and his feet draped over the arm. I'm about to go up to him, when Flint shows up right above him. I step back, I want to see how Graham will handle this, hopefully without his fists. Geneva and I have been trying to get him to control his anger, I even got Chase to help and try to make him mad to see how he reacted. That resulted in-well let's not talk about that. I watched, and waited. Listening as closely as I can while staying hidden.

"Hey Montague," Flint said with his "nails against chalkboard" voice, "you ready for that fight you said you were up to a while back?" My eyes involuntarily rolled, This idiot! He challenged Marcus Flint to a fight, the twit!

"Lightbulb"

I hope it's a wand fight, Graham'll kick his arse if it's magic. Flint couldn't levitate a feather. Graham stands up, face to.....chest with Flint, he tilts up his head.
"I'm not fighting you." He stated simply, I felt the corners of my lips pulling into a smile. He said no to a fight. Graham started walking away, I almost followed him.
"Huh," I heard Flint scoff, "so you're a coward." Graham stopped, my eyes widened, how's Graham going to react to being called a coward..he didn't. But Flint wasn't done, "Just like your father, that's probably how you're going to die too, just like him. Running from a fight, I hope I can get you, just like my father got yours." Graham just stood there, at the base of the stairs, his fists clenching themselves harder.

Marcus noticed this, "So are you gonna run away like a coward, or are we gonna fight?"

"Not.....today." Graham replied. Flint smirked, "So you are a coward, or is there some other reason." Graham released his fists and walked quickly back to Flint, I closed my eyes, preparing for the punch that was sure to follow. But all I heard was Graham's voice.

"I don't want to get my knuckles dirty." He walked upstairs.

--------------------------------------------

I start following him upstairs, he was about to go into the boys dorm.
"Graham!" I shout, and ran up to hug him, "I'm so proud of you!" He puts on an annoyed face and starts to push me away, "And why, exactly are you proud of me?" I smile, "Because, you didn't fight him, you told him off. I don't really understand what the thing about your fathers was about though."
"For one, the father thing is none of your business. And two, I didn't fight him because I don't want to get expelled, but trust me when I say, the day after I'm done With Hogwarts, I'm going to find him, and I'm going to kill him."

--------------------------------------------

It was Christmas Eve and Fred, George and I used the map to sneak around all the time using the map, there are secret passages everywhere. I can't help thinking about what had happened with Graham though. I'm going to make sure I ask Geneva if she knows anything when she gets back.

"Scarlett," came a voice, "we gotta go, I see Filch coming again." It was Fred, he was looking at the map. We were currently hiding behind a gargoyle, we had just snuck into the kitchen for a small snack, and we're trying to hide.
I look over to the map and see a pair of feet with the name "Argus Filch" floating above them. Apparently it was still against the rules to be out and about right now.

Well, actually he's only after us because we snuck into the Kitchen. But we were hungry, and I know that I don't want to have to wait until tonight for dinner, I mean it'll only be Me, the twins, Marietta, Graham, these two Hufflepuff kids, Professor Mcgonagall, Professor Flitwick, and Dumbledore. Oh, and Filch of course.
I pulled my bag up to my chest, folding the towel full of food up more than it was.
"Hand me the map." I whispered, and Fred folded up the parchment, and set it in my hand as quietly as he could. George very swiftly and carefully peeked out over the corner of the base. He motioned with his hand, telling us to move back. Fred and I started to tiptoe around the other side, George followed quickly.
"Go, go, go!" He whispered while ushering us around the statue as quickly as he could. George dove to the side just as a pair of ratty boots were seen in the place we just were.

--------------------------------------------

We reached the Slytherin common room, I looked at the twins. They both sighed, and reached into their pockets, pulling out two pairs of ear plugs, sticking them in, and covering their ears. I walked up to the dungeon door, "Agapanthus." It swung open. And the Bloody Baron shot to my side, a small trail of his ghost particles leaving a trail.
"So?" He said. I smiled, and reached into my bag to get the map.
"Well, Filch is right...here," I put my finger on his footprints by the kitchen, "but Mrs. Norris is over by Dumbledore's office. So I would recommend going through the boys bathroom on the second floor, then cutting around the stairs, the one that has the chip in the fourth step from the top?" He nodded, "well go down those, and I'm sure you'll be able to get to the tower from there." I folded up the map.
"Thank you Ms. Corano," he said smiling, and then floated away, "Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!" He cackled. I sighed.

Fred and George pulled the plugs from there ears, George smirked.
"The Baron trying to avoid Filch and the cat again?"
"Yeah."
"Well," Fred said, "I don't blame him, if I was a ghost, I wouldn't want to be around someone like him either. He's so grouchy."

-------------------------------------------

The three of us sat in the Slytherin common room. Propping up our feet and heads. When there was a figure in front of us.

"What are the twins doing in here?"
It was Graham. I frowned.
"They're allowed in here if I let them in. You know that." He sneered at the twins.
"Hey man," Fred said, "what do you have against us?"
"Yeah," George started, "we've never done anything to you." Graham growled at them.
"You're Gryffindors, that's what. And I'm a Slytherin. And you two shouldn't be in here! So go away!" He shouted at them, and walked back to the stairs. I looked at both of the twins, who in turn shrugged. I ran after him and grabbed at his arm. He shook me off roughly.
"Get off me!"

"What's wrong! You've never acted like this before."

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you! Bringing people from other houses into our common room." He yelled back.

"It's just the twins." I replied calmly..er.
"You mean Gryffindors." He snarled. I gasped, and slapped his arm.
"What do you mean! There is nothing wrong with Gryffindors, and you know it!" He started walking away again, I grab at his sleeve again, "you know you can tell me anything, right?" He started jerking his head to the side.
"I know I can." My mouth started to slide into a smile.
"Well then, what do you wa-"
"So I'm telling you," he interrupted me, I could see his fists clenching, "I'm telling you, not to talk to me again. Ever!" He yelled out the last part. And ran back up the stairs, leaving me on the landing.

And I swear I saw tears, slowly rolling down his cheeks.
__________________________

Well, that was emotional. Right.............right??

I suck.

You all suck.

Jk, I love you all. Please comment!

Shhhhhhhhh, you never saw me be happy. Okay.

I took a while didn't I, well. Gomen.

Insincerely,
Princess0fMirkwood

Bye Babies!