1.3

Saturday, 2nd of April.

"I can't believe you're leaving me tomorrow." Harper snuggled further into Luke's chest. A place that she hadn't left since she first found out about the news of his departure. Deep down a part of her knew she would be miserable until he returned, if he returned. Michael would be in grieving and Harper knew it could take some time before he was ready to travel back home again, Luke was too loyal to leave him alone, especially in a time of grief.

"It's for the best," Luke whispered as he clutched his girl closer. His chin once again rested on top of her head, applying a heavy but reassuring weight. She shivered as she felt his scruff rub lightly across her face, her hand flying up to scratch the spot as a laugh was emitted from her lips.

"I just don't understand why you didn't tell me, that's all. I get it, I do. I just don't get why you didn't tell me sooner," Harper spoke, which caused Luke to let out a frustrated sigh. They were talking about this again, Luke had had enough.

"Can we just drop it? I'd rather not spend my last day with you fighting."

"Fine. I'll drop it but don't think that I won't bring it up again later," Harper spoke, her face held a threatening look. If Luke seemed fazed and threatened he didn't show it, then again Harper was as scary as a fluffy bunny that wanted nothing but a cuddle.

Luke shook his head, his girlfriend could be so adamant sometimes, he wasn't sure whether that was a good or bad thing... He would probably find out eventually, and he had a feeling it would bite him in the ass.

"Well then, what should we do today?" Luke asked as he nuzzled his head further into Harper's neck. His stubble causing Harper to shiver as she felt the hairs prick against her skin, a foreign feeling that she hadn't experienced before Luke.

She hummed in thought, her hair flicking from side to side as she started humming a random tune. "Beach?" Luke asked. Harper abruptly stopped humming and stared at Luke, her eyebrow slowly raised itself. Her look was one of 'you can't be serious', but boy, she knew Luke was serious.

She was tempted to say no and to tell Luke to 'shove that idea up his arse' but she thought better. She hesitantly nodded, she may as well get back in the water more, and with Luke's abnormal obsession with water, he was the perfect person.  Luke's eyes lit up as he placed his hands underneath his chest and pushed himself up and hovered over Harper, his lips brushed hers as he whispered, "you're the best."

Harper rolled her eyes, she knew.

That's how the duo found themselves walking hand in hand along the beach, half an hour later. Harper's head leant onto Luke's shoulder as she clutched his bicep. Her legs were already aching, (she needed to exercise more), and she felt exhausted.

Luke seemed to notice and let out a chuckle as he came to a stop and sat down on the sand, pulling Harper down with him. The two sat and stared at the ocean, the sound of waves crashing off of the rocks further down the beach, children yelling and splashing water at one another.

Harper tied her hair up in a bun, so that it wouldn't continue to blow across her face. Harper smiled at Luke as she laid back in the sand, her palm underneath her head as she gazed up at the sky, thankful for her sunglasses that shielded her eyes from the scalding sun.

Luke leant down and whispered in Harper's ear, "Do you want to come for a swim? The oceans warm and lovely."

Harper rolled her eyes, "how would you know? Hmm?" She mumbled as she closed her sunglasses clad eyes. She rolled over onto her stomach, welcoming the warm sun that shone on her back.