Chapter one

It's 1:18 am and it's been a long day at the Jeffersonian as I lay my head down on my desk, sighing. As I'm just about to fall into a slumber I feel a hand on my shoulder, I look up and see Hodgins looking at me. "Go home, Ange. You're tired, staying up isn't good for your health." He says. I groan and lean with my head against my hand. "No, Jack. I'm fine, I promise. And please, stop coming to me for everything every god damn minute. I broke up with you, okay?" As the words roll out of my mouth I realise I shouldn't have said it. "Well. If that's how you think about it, fine. Goodnight, Angela." He says as he leaves my office, not looking back to check on me. It's better this way, I haven't felt anything for Jack in a looong time. Someone else is on my mind now, actually. I smile as she crosses my mind. Temperance. Sure, she's my best friend, but hey.

Speaking of the devil. Temperance walks into my office, jumping slightly as she notices I'm still here. "Uh, hi. I didn't expect you to be here so late." She says to me, awkwardly standing in front of me. "Well, I was still working on the holograms of the skull from our most recent case, but I just can't get it to work." I sigh, laying my head down on my desk again. "Angie, stop pushing yourself. You don't have to get this done right away, there's still more time." She says to me, comforting me in a way Jack never could. "Actually," She starts off, catching my attention. "I want to talk about something." She says as she sits down on a chair next to me. As I look into her eyes I notice she's staring at me with a serious face. "Okay.. Is it like really serious or something?" I ask her, rubbing my eye. "No, not really, but you seem like the best person to have this talk with. Also, you're kind of my best friend so you're forced to." She says to me. She grabs my hands and looks at me. "I.. Think I'm bisexual. But I'm not sure, and I want to you know, I want to know how it is." She says to me, expecting a reply right away else she wouldn't wave her hand almost in my face. "Hello? Earth to Angela?" She asks. I shake my head and smile at her. "Yeah, sorry, I was kind of flustered. But how did the idea of it pop into your head?" I ask her, rubbing with my thumb over her hand as I'm holding it. "Well remember we went to that bar when Booth broke up with me?" She asks, I nod. "Yeah, so, there was this girl that really stood out to me, and while you were kissing Mr. What's His Name I had a really nice conversation with her and ever since then I've never stopped thinking about it." She says as she sighs. "Well.."

After talking for what seems like hours we both decide to head home, and I give Temperance a ride home since she came here together with Jack. As we're in my car we talk about some more stuff like how we met, that day at the airport when I had to flash my breasts in order to get attention etc. As we're at her house I stop the car and say my goodbye. "Thanks for the ride, Ange. And thanks for the good talk, it really helped." She says, and leans towards me to give me a soft kiss on my cheek. I'm lucky it's dark and she can't see me blushing. "You're always welcome to come over and talk, you know that honey." I reply to her as I watch her get out of the car, as she closes the door I wave at her and ride home. As I ride home I can't help but think about Temperance the whole time, and knowing she might be bisexual and wants to try it out with someone makes it a lot easier for me. As I'm home I notice someone standing at my door, I get out silently and walk slowly towards it. As the person turns around I can see their face. Jack. "Okay first off, get the hell away from my house, second, what are you doing here?" I ask him with a stern voice. "I noticed you've changed the locks. Why? Scared of me coming in?" He replies. "Well, yeah! Especially now that I know you come to my place late at night!" I say to him, standing inches away from him. "Dumb decision Angie, dumb decision." He says as he walks away. I turn around to look at him. I knew he wouldn't be able to cope me breaking up with him, but that he'd go this psycho terrifies me. After I get inside I undress myself to my underwear and get in bed, crawling up in my blanket my mind quickly switches from Jack to something else. Something nice. Temperance.