Chapter five

As soon as I hear my doorbell ring I rush towards the door, straightening my dress before open it. As I open the door I see Temperance in a beautiful dark blue dress. "Oh my god sweetie, you look amazing!" I say to her, stepping aside to let her in. "Why thank you, you look quite beautiful yourself." She replies to me, stepping into my house. "Quite? Just quite?" I joke at her as I close the door behind her, walking towards my living room. "I was joking Ange, you look stunning," She says with a soft chuckle as I pour her a drink. "But I can't help but notice you're wearing that dress you wore when Booth and I practiced our wedding." I hand her her glass and look down at myself before looking back up at her. "I mean, I can change into something else?" I offer. "No, I really like you in that dress. It just reminds me of Booth is all." She replies, cracking a smile as she takes a sip, coughing immediately. "Ange this is so strong! What did you put in here?" She says in between coughs. "Strong? Just OJ and vodka." I say, taking another sip. "Well it's really strong, and if you don't taste that then honestly I'm worried." She replies. I take her glass from her and frown a little. Downing both glasses and setting them down in the sink. "Don't worry about it, I'm used to it honey." I say, walking past her to grab my coat from the coat hanger and put it on. Holding my hand out for her to grab, which she does. I hold the door open for her to leave, closing the door behind us and walking to her car.

Once arrived at the restaurant we get guided to our seats. Temperance pulls my chair back and allowes me to sit, sitting down herself afterwards. A waiter comes soon after, and we both order a red wine and a salad for an appetizer. "So, Angela," She starts. "How did you like, you know, gain experience.." She softly says. "With women? Simple, just like I did with you. You just do it. By the way, what did you think of it?" I ask her, now she's looking at me with an adorable blush on her cheeks. "I uh, I didn't necessarily hate it." She replies softly. I smirk at her. I knew it. "Don't give me that look!" She softly yells at me. Right after that the waiter arrives with our salads. Being the hungry person that I am I immediately start eating, causing Temperance to chuckle ever so softly.

"Have you seen the ring Arastoo gave to Camille though?" Temperance asks me as we're both eating our main course. "Mhm! That diamond is so hu-" I'm cut off by a loud, high pitched scream. Both my and Temperance's attention are drawn to the front door, a figure is holding the lady who receives everyone and guides them to their spots. After a few second her hand raises and she points our direction, to which the figure starts walking. Once they're almost at our table he pulls down his hood, revealing their face, but before I can figure out who it is Temperance blocks my view by standing in front of me. Everything happens so quickly. "Don't you touch her!" She yells at him, I still haven't figured out who he is. "Angela, come back to me! We can start a future together!" Once they speak I can figure out who it is. Jack. "Step away from her, Hodgins, or I'll call the police." Temperance threatens. "You're only doing this so you can steal MY girl, my girl who was supposed to become MY wife and have MY babies. But YOU took that away from me!" He yells at her. As soon as Temperance takes a step forward I hear the sound of a gun being drawn. "Don't, take another step or it'll cost you your life." Jack says in a very low pitched voice. "Step aside." He says, but she doesn't move. "STEP ASIDE!" He yells now, and Temperance takes a step to the right. As she does that his face becomes clear for me, and as he looks into my eyes his eyes fill with anger and fear. In a blink of an eye he's standing behind me, holding his gun against my head. "Stand up, and don't even think about throwing a scene." He whispers. I do as he says and stand up. "Good girl Angie, now we're going to walk towards the entrance." He whispers again, and guides me to the entrance. Temperance playbacks 'I'll save you', and my eyes fill with tears as I realise what's going on. I'm being held hostage. As we walk out of the restaurant he guides me to his car, making me get in, holding his gun pointed at me the whole time so he can make sure I won't leave. He quickly walks around the car and gets in himself. I burst into tears, and Jack caresses my cheek. "Don't cry Angie, it ruins your beauty." He says softly, shushing me as he starts his car, driving away towards what I hope is his place.