Mackenzie

Fionna's PoV

After the party I thanked everyone for coming. Me, cake, and of course Marshal were here cleaning up after the mess. I finished putting away my gifts and went into the kitchen. I took out two cups and made two special cups of cocoa. Cake walked over and saw the cups. "Fionna. aren't those.." "yea they're ours." "Fionna, baby" "I just miss her so much." I said pulling cake into a hug. "I know I know. I'm sure she misses you too." she said hugging me. Then someone knocked.

"hey Marshal can you get that where kinda busy." Cake said still hugging me. "yea no prob."

Marshal said getting up and walking to the door. He opened it to see a girl with brown eyes and long dark brown hair. She was wearing a shirt that said "birthday Girl #2" and a dark blue skirt that goes to her ankles. "uh Fionna some girl is here." Marshal said into the kitchen.

"What?" I said waking to the door. She looked into the door way and they both screamed. "MACKENZIE!!!!" I said running and hugging her. Mackenzie squeezed me and said "happy birthday birthday girl #1" "happy birthday birthday girl #2" "do you still have your shirt?" "uh duh!" she said taking off her sweater revealing there matching shirts. "is that cocoa I smell." Mackenzie said walking into the apartment. "it is! Oh and our cups!" she said taking a drink. "oh I've missed your cocoa FiFi." Mackenzie said hugging me. "I missed you so much." I said squeezing Mackenzie.

"Fionna is that who I think it is?" Cake said walking out her room. "oh my it is." "hey Cait" "hey baby." Cake said hugging Mackenzie. "we've missed you " "I've missed you guys." "how the family" "uh fine I guess." "you guess?" "I moved out about 3 months ago." "well happy birthday" "thanks Cait. or do you still go by Cake." "either or." Cake said letting go of Mackenzie. "hey Fionna you might wanna introduce her to your dumbstruck boyfriend." Cake said smiling.

"Ooooh fifis gotta boyfriend fifis gotta boyfriend." Mackenzie said dancing around me. "come on you haven't done that in forever." "yea the last time I did it was with Finn." "who's finn?" Marshal said walking over to the two making faces at each other. "he's a ex from middle school." "not just some ex. THE ex." "he was a player and beside I have marshal now." I said hugging Marshal. "good that's all you better need." he said giving me a kiss. "Wow FiFi nice ring" "thanks Marshal got it for me. speaking of gifts." I said pulling out a box. "I've been saving this sense the day we told each other goodbye." I said handing Makenzie the gift. Mackenzie opened it and pulled out an 2 old looking boes. "Fionna are these?" "yea". Mackenzie teared up at the gift. "Someone like to explain the boes? Marshal said confused. "these are the boes me and Fionna would use when we went exploring as children." Mackenzie said whipping tears from her eyes. "you've kept them all these years." "I couldn't say goodbye to many memories."

-flashback-

"I hate that I have to say good bye." Mackenzie said hugging Fionna.

"but it's just for a little while, Right Mack?" she said hugging her back." "right. ill be back before you know it." Mackenzie pulled back and took off her boe. "I want you to keep it. to remember me by" Mackenzie said handing her the boe. Fionna took out her pocket knife and carved into the boes their symbol. "ill miss you Mack." "ill miss you too FiFi." Fionna and Mackenzie hugged once more before Mackenzie got into the car and drove off.

-flashback end-

"Mack" "yea fifi" "the marks are still there" I said turning over the the boes revealing the carving. Mackenzie ran her fingers over them and began tearing up again. "I know this was gonna be emotional for me but I didn't think I was gonna cry this much." Mackenzie said whipping her eyes. "it's alright I was just crying before you came here. I subconsciously made two cups of cocoa in our cups." "I did the same last week. so I thought I'd come visit on our birthday." "I'm glad to see you again it's been forever." "it has." "how long will you be here?" "a couple days" "where are you staying" "a couple blocks away at my aunts." "carol?" "yea" "how is she" "she's doing good she's gotten old" "haha I bet". I said smiling.

"hey Fionna" "yea Marshal?" "what are you doing for New Years?" "uh i don't know why?" "wanna spend it with me?" Marshal said bringing me into a hug and tilting my head to face him. "I would love to." I said giving him a kiss. "oh get a room" Mackenzie said siting on the couch. "I've tried that it doesn't work." cake yelled from her room. "haha very funny." I said hugging Marshal.

"ill see you tomorrow Fionna." Mackenzie said standing up and heading towards the door. "your leaving already?" "I've been here for like 4 hours." "holy shit you have" I said checking my phone. "alright ill see you tomorrow Mack." "bye FiFi" she said walking out the door. "so that's the infamous Mackenzie?" "yea. I've known her forever" "I can tell". Marshal said wrapping me in a hug. "She's the sister I never had." "what about cake." "there's a bigger story behind me and cake" "tell me?" "this is gonna take a while." I said pulling Marshal into my room and closing the door.

---------------------------------------------

Hello kangas. The wonderful character Mackenzie is an OC from my friend @Dolphin23. You'll see her pop up from time to time so get used to her.

Question of the day: would you like to join?

XxMB