•The Grateful Ones Broken Laughter•

•Christopher B•

She stared at me with blank eyes before shaking her head then sending me an unexpected glare.

"Why the hell would you save me" she whispered bitterly.

"Everybody deserves to be saved" I said gently.

She shook her head violently, running fingers through her black hair as she bit her lip with a contemplating look.

"What if I didn't want to be saved"

"What if I had accepted my fate"

"What if I need to ripped from the fucking world"!!! She screamed at slamming her hand on my nightstand.

I was pissed beyond pissed at that. I risked my life for her & she screaming at me. Shit that nigga could've murked me for fucks sake.

"Are you really that ungrateful I just saved your fucking life & you really finna yell at me"!!! I boomed

"Nigga what you know about grateful every piece of change you get is spent on rocks that's ungrateful look at where you living you stupid crackhead"!! She yelled at me throwing my cracked phone against the wall in a fit rage. Thank god it wasn't broken or else........

"Bitch I'm grateful I'm grateful for everyone moment god keeps me here"!

"I'm grateful for every moment I don't overdose"!!

"I'm grateful for every glance I get of my daughter"!!

"I was grateful when I got too meet you"!! I yelled breathing heavily my skin now red from anger. I was really grateful for just meeting her even if it wasn't really a meeting.

"You were grateful about meeting me, really" she whispered wide eyed as if it was shocking.

"I saw it in your eyes you were trying despite whatever you were going through you still decided to at least try you made me wanna change" I said placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Nobody ever noticed that before so maybe I'm grateful I met you too...." she trailed off with expectant eyes.

"Its Chris & I'm glad you said that" I said kinda happy maybe a bum ass nigga like me made a difference.

"Our lives are complete shit aren't they"? She asked sliding down against the wall tears pouring from her eyes.

I smiled & nodded before breaking down into tears as well it all seems so easy to fall down but how do we get up.

Then it turned into laughter. Laughter & tears all in one. We laughed at the fact that our lives kept crumbling & we cried for the same reason.

After maybe an hour she decided to leave & I was happy about that. She wouldn't run into yani in her drug filled mood swings.

"Maybe we could s-swap numbers?" I asked cautiously.

"Sure" she said. Her hair was all over head but god she was still beautiful if not even more. In all her makeup-less glory.

As she left 10 minutes later Layani appeared dressed in a skimpy dress. Her eyes sunk into her skull but she smiled & pulled out a syringe.

Bronx made me wanna change but not that bad but hey.

We still had our Broken laughter.