Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Warning/s: SHORTNESS.

A/N: So...I'm not going to tell you about how chaotic my life is right now, but I'll try and get the next chapter up in the next fortnight. No promises though. And I know this is very short, but the next one is underway and looks like it's going to be a long one. Not to mention the fact that there's going to be a sequel ;) And I keep meaning to ask – how many of you have read the Maximum Ride series?

And a massive thank you to Rising from the Flames, my new beta! Fantastic job editing this.

Disclaimer: I own Merlin about as much as I own the world.

In the end they talked. It took a long time, but they talked. They yelled and shouted and talked well into the night, and when the sun was rising over the bleak ground the next day they finally ran out of words to say.

With no sleep, they set off and soon were well into the woods, laughing and joking amongst themselves like the brothers they were.

Felix's point of view

The king and his party moved into view. Felix grunted and shifted, closing one eye as if winking and aiming his crossbow at a bay horse's leg. Shame to harm the thing, really. It would fetch quite a beautiful price.

With a whistle of air and a dull thunk, the arrow hit the upper flesh of the mare's right hind leg. She let out a shrill whinny of pain and reared, throwing off a knight with long, dark hair and a scruffy beard.

"Charge!" yelled Felix. The bandits swarmed forward towards the party, brandishing axes and swords dangerously in wide arcs around their heads.

There was barely time for the king's eyes to light up in surprise before they were on him.

A/N: Tense, right? And I need to go revise for a massive chemistry test now that's tomorrow – wish me luck!