chapter 2

Saturday:

I told Matt that I'd be going out with my friends and won't be back till morning. And as usual, he didn't care. John drove us to Jenna's house, parking on the next street before her place since it was so packed.

John and I walked to her front door step and we walked inside. The whole place was crowded with people and loud music. I could already tell that people were drunk. This wasn't good.

"Hey!" Jenna yelled, popping into my vision. "Hi." I smiled at her. She looked at John and he gave her a side smile, standing by my side. "Do you two want a drink?" She asked. I shook my head, so did John. She rolled her eyes and left.

"Ashlee?" I turned around, seeing Harry. "Hi." I grinned. "You look nice." He complimented. "Thanks." I blushed. "Want to dance?" He asked. I nodded and followed him out onto the dance floor. "Don't laugh, I can't dance!" He yelled over the loud music. I laughed and started moving to the music.

Baby, this is what you came for. Lightning strikes every time she moves. And everybody's watching her, but she's looking at you (you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you.) Baby, this is what you came for. Lightning strikes every time she moves! And everybody's watching her, but she's looking at you-

I sang along, feeling the rhythm of the music. Harry watched me, slowly moving his body. I wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing him close. He sang along, staring at me. I grinned, continuing to dance.

That was the best night ever... until...

BOOM!

The whole house screamed and Harry and I ducked at the loud gun shot. Everyone started making their way to the door, but couldn't get out fast enough. The music stopped and the only thing you could hear was screaming and crying.

Harry grabbed my hand and dragged me out the back door. "Where are we going?" I asked, scared. "Somewhere safe." He told me. "I'm scared." I whimpered. He stopped and looked at me. "Don't worry, we're going to find away to get around the house and in my car. I'll take you home." He said, taking my face in his hands. Tears filled my eyes. "What about John? Oh no, I left him in there! He could've got shot!" I yelled. "Ashlee, calm down. It's okay." Harry said.

I shook my head, escaping his grip. "I need to find John." I said. I started running to the house, but Harry caught me. "You can't go in there." He said. Another gun shot was heard and Harry ducked again. He fell onto the ground, covering me.

"Harry... are we going to die?" I whispered. He looked at me. "No." He said. "But-"

"We aren't going to die. I promise you." He said. I stopped talking. Another shot was fired and I held onto Harry tighter. Tears fell down my face and I couldn't stop shaking. I was so scared. I didn't know what was going to happen, or if I was going to die.

After about ten minutes, we slowly got up and he held onto me as we made our way to his car. We ran to his car and he started it and we left. I sobbed in the front seat and he looked at me a few times. "Ash..." He sighed. "What if John-"

"Don't say that. John made it." Harry said. "How do you know?" I asked, looking at him. "I didn't see his car. He drives a 1969 Chevy Camaro Convertible, correct?" He asked. "That's actually Matt's car, but we used it tonight." I told him. "Yeah, it wasn't there. He got out." He told me.

I sniffed and tried to remain calm. Harry pulled up to my house and I looked out the window. Matt and John and Uncle Bill and Aunt Karen were standing on the porch.

Harry parked and I got out, rushing towards them. I hugged John first, crying. "I thought you died!" I yelled, pulling back and hitting his arm. "I saw you left with Harry and I knew he'd bring you home." He said, rubbing his arm.