42. Barney X Reader

You can trust me
Word count: 774
Requested by: @aumtumgem21
I said in the first chapter that I wasn't very comfortable about writing a oneshot with Barney. NO HATE TOWARDS THE GUY I LOVE HIM, but something makes me feel weird when I write it. But since this person requested it, I'll do it for them :)

• • •

Being a little sister to a big brother means that the brother is going to be very protective of you. He will never hurt you or let you get hurt in anyway.

Ross was your older brother and you were his sister. Even though he was the most laid back guy, Ross was always the one keeping you away from harm. You were so glad that he had a protective side; you know, standing up against those bullies in 5th grade, being the one to do hard tasks so you wouldn't hurt yourself, or just even being the guy who you can just cry on.

But this one factor of protective Ross sort of annoyed you. He wouldn't let you just date someone. Ross was like your dad, wanting answers to all the questions he'll ask.

You dated this one guy a while back and Ross interrogated him. In the back of your head you know he's just keeping you safe, but that interrogation lasted for 2 hours and that guy came to you with, "Your brother is insane."

He left. That was the end of that "relationship".

Ross was even more strict to you dating one of his friends/co-workers. You had an eye for John, or Barney, but you knew Ross would flip shit if he found out.

Enough backstory, this is where you were now.

You, Ross, Adam, Red, Barney, Max, Jordan, James, Shelby, and Em were all hanging out.

You, specifically, were talking to Barney. Both of you know you like each other, but Ross was the cockblocker from both of you actually dating.

"So how's Ross?" Barney asked casually. You lowkey rolled your eyes.

"Still protective as ever. But, he's alright." You answered with a shrug.

"I don't understand why he won't let me date you. I mean he knows me!!" Barney pointed out. You sighed with a loss of hope.

"You can ask him, but I doubt he'll say yes."

"Maybe I should." Barney looked at you. You blinked a couple times with some worry.

"I'm gonna convince him to trust you with me."

With that, Barney got out of his seat and walked to Ross. Your heart started pounding, wondering what outcome would come. You saw Barney catch Ross' attention and that's when you prepared yourself.

You watched the two chat and as it went on, Ross' body stance was becoming more serious. He was standing up straight with crossed arms. Even just looking at it happen made you nervous, but Barney seemed to be calm.

"No!" You heard Ross as you eavesdropped. Barney objected and before anyone hits another, you stepped into the conversation.

"(Y/N) please leave." Ross said as politely as he could. You shook your head.

"No. Not until you trust John." If you were to call him Barney, you probably wouldn't have sounded serious.

"(Y/N) I told you. You can't date my friends!" Ross protested.

"Come on!! We both love each other and we've been wanting to do this!!" You said back.

Oh shit wait. Where you suppose to say that?

Ross was glaring at you, stunned at what you said. We both love each other. Now he knows.

"You've been hiding it?!" He almost screams. Everyone else went silent, their attention towards the three of you.

"Yes. We have. And Barney got the courage to talk to you about it." You swallowed your nervousness. Ross can be so intimidating at times like this.

"Ross, please. Just trust me once, and (Y/N) will be okay!!" Barney said with some cheer. Ross took a sigh and looked at you, then Barney, then you, then Barney.

He stared at the both of you intently. After a while, he let go.

"Fine. Barney, you can date my sister."

You jumped up in happiness, not knowing whether to hug Ross or Barney. Meanwhile, Barney was thanking Ross.

"Thank you so much!!" Barney exclaimed. Ross chuckled before getting serious again.

"But I mean it, dude. Break her heart or even lay a hand on her, then you won't see the light of day again." Ross threatened somewhat sarcastically; but he totally meant it.

Barney put his hands up in defense and you laughed at how scared Barney got.

"Don't worry. She's in good hands."

• • •

Leave a comment or vote :)