19~ // The Night The Worst Came

"This isn't how you treat your boyfriend, Star." Tom growled. "You're right, and this isn't how you treat your girlfriend. Tom, I'm not yours, and you're not my freaking boyfriend." Star yelled. "That's not true!" Tom yelled, making sure everyone knew. "Do you really want to reach your third strike, Star?" Tom growled, lowering his voice. "What, so you can tell everyone how much I like-" she cut herself off, pausing. "Oh I'd be glad to finish that sentence for you, if you would like to continue acting like this." Tom smiled. Star's expression grew furious. "I have been through SO MUCH only to trust you and get THIS. You said you changed, and I never believed you. I guess I'm glad I didn't. Cause I obviously wasn't wrong to think that people like you don't change, and can't." Star shouted. He began floating into the air, his eyes glowing a fiery red. "Staar?! WhaT IS GOING ON?!" Marco yelled, everyone's chattering quieting and people backing up. "HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT TO ME?!" Tom's voice growing deep and loud. "YOU SAW EVERYTHING WITH YOUR OWN EYES. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS, TOM." Star yelled to him, her eyes watering. "THREE STRIKES, STAR BUTTERFLY." His voice boomed over the crowd, growing gigantic. Everyone suddenly began screaming and scrambling to their feet. Everyone either stood frozen in fear, awe, or began running for their lives to that exit. "NO, TOM. I CALLED YOU WHEN NO ONE ELSE ANSWERED AND I FELT LIKE I COULDN'T TRUST ANYONE ELSE. I DIDN'T WANT TO, BUT I DID BECAUSE I FELT LIKE MAYBE YOU COULD'VE HELPED IN SOME WAY. ITS OBVIOUS THAT ALL YOU DO IS SHOW ME DEATH AND PAIN AT THIS POINT!" She yelled, tears streaming down her face. Marco quickly gathered himself, running over to Star, who wore a beautiful black dress and her hair down. She collapsed to her knees, crying. "IM NOT A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS, TOM. I DON'T NEED SAVING. ESPECIALLY NOT FROM A DEMON LIKE YOU!" She cried. "I WAS DUMB AND VULNERABLE TO TRUST YOU WHEN THINGS WERE HAPPENING, AND YOU TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THAT. YOU TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE FACT THAT MY FAMILY IS GONE, MY FRIENDS ARE GONE, AND MY HOME IS GONE." She sobbed, Tom's eyes cooling down. He resized to normal, and landed calmly. "Star.." He frowned. Marco stood up, standing between them. "I think you've done enough." Marco furrowed his eyebrows, angrily. Tom's eyes widened as Star stood up, wiping her eyes. She moved Marco aside. "Wha-" Marco began, his eyes quickly focusing on Star, who walked right up to Tom. "You want to act like this never happened one day, and call me back? Go ahead. I'm taking you out of my mirror phone, and I'm blocking you. Lose my number, and don't talk to me again." She began, still a few tears dripping from her eyes. "And you wanna tell Marco that secret? Go ahead. In fact, I'll just go ahead and do it myself. Spare you the breath wasting." She harshly said. She turned around facing Marco in tears. "Marco, I like you. I don't care what you're going to say, I need it out there. I don't care who knows anymore. I'm not putting it in the back of my mind anymore, only for it to come and raid my mind again." Star explained calmly. She wiped her eyes, and turned back to Tom, leaving Marco standing there in shock. "Get out of here, I don't ever want to see you again." Star calmly demanded. Tom paused, before nodding. "I'm sorry-" he began. "I don't care." Star interrupted, shaking her head and shutting her eyes. He nodded. As he peered to Marco, he frowned. Walking to the exit, people crammed to make a clear path. As he reached the door, he turned to face Star. She wasn't looking back. It seemed like she shouldn't. "Don't ever look back." Tom mumbled, before walking out the door and using his bell to call his ride. Minutes later, people quickly began chattering again, staring at Star, but not going near her. She stood up carefully, Marco inches away from her. "Star-!" He reached out. She held up her hand, signaling for him to stop. He froze in his tracks, frowning. She stood up, weakly. Not turning back, she used the emergency exit to leave. As the doors shut, and the echo finally left the gym, everyone clamored back onto the dance floor, as the music restarted back up again. Marco being quickly swallowed by the horde of people, lost sight of the door. Marco quickly stood, trying to grasp his balance as he made his way out of the crowd of people. At this rate, it seemed the crowd was endless, and that there were more people in the gym that originally. After what seemed like an eternity, Marco gasped as he finally reached the door. Pushing the heavy metal door open, he took a step outside the back of the school. Hearing rustling from the wind was an alarm to him, his eyes quickly trying to find Star. "Star?!" He called. Frantically, he ran off to find her.