Eleven

Katalina's POV- May 2016

I took a sip of my water and glanced up when I heard the door open. Jaclyn let out a deep breath and made her way over as she fanned herself with her hand.

"It is so warm out there, it is literally a perfect day to go to the beach"

She reached for her water and looked at me.

"How was your date last night?"

I rolled my eyes and set the water bottle down on the desk.

"I had a good time" I said.

She nodded.

"He brought you roses"

"He did" I told her.

She smiled.

"He also spent the night"

"Yeah, he wasn't meant to do that" I said.

I couldn't go to last night's game because I was working and there was no one who could take my shift. I worked from 6-10PM last night, and just as I got out of work Corey texted me asking me if he could come over. I asked him if he was hungry and he told me he was going to grab something to go. Jaclyn and Olivia had made Vegetarian lasagna and it was really good, so I told him to bring his appetite. Olivia was at the library finishing up a project, Vero was at a party, and Jaclyn had gone to bed. He scarfed down two plates of lasagna and I wasn't surprised because that's how Mike would eat after his games way back when. I told him I would drop him off after we watched a movie.

We ended up falling asleep, and the next time I woke up was at 2AM because my phone would not stop ringing. He was dead tired, so I told him I'd take him to his hotel in the morning. I woke up at 7AM when I heard Vero come in and knock on my door. Her eyes got wide when she saw Corey lying on my bed. I was told that when she was sober I would hear it from her. I walked back into the room as Corey was looking at his phone. He had to be back to the hotel before 9:30 AM, so I left Corey a toothbrush and a towel so he could wash his face while I showered. By the time I was done getting ready he was back in my bed asleep. I woke him up and we went to a diner to eat breakfast. I dropped him off before coming back for work.

"He's really tall and has to be over 200 pounds. I just want to know how you two slept in that twin bed of yours?"

I laughed and nodded.

"He didn't really move in his sleep" I said.

She nodded.

"It was chilly last night as well"

She wiggled her eyebrows as I chose to ignore her.

"Is it true that Mike set you up with him?"

We both turned to the door as it opened. I smiled and sat up as one of our residents made his way in. He had sunglasses on, and his hair was still a mess.

"Good morning William" I said standing up.

He made a face and touched his temple.

"Too loud Kat"

Jaclyn laughed as I retrieved his wallet.

"You should be more careful. Not everyone will return your wallet without taking money" I said.

He smiled and scoffed.

"Jokes on them because I never carry cash"

I handed him his wallet and he looked at us.