Chapter 14

Tonny.

I walked up behind Mary because she was not sure there would faint on the way. I was so weak that broke my heart to see her like.

When I entered the apartment, the first thing I heard was someone say the name of Mary and cursed. I had to have passed out, so I ran toward it. What I did not expect was to see frozen in front of a Noah with all its attributes air Maria. His face was even paler than before, and his jaw was dislocated. When he bent down to pick up the packages of drugs were scattered on the floor, the guy had the decency to run for cover her. At that time I saw Jane peep through the door of his room, his face paled as much as that of Mary at her. He tried to apologize, I think, but Maria looked angry and what outraged ?, Well, I expected, were dating, I had to know what happen between couples. She had a boyfriend, had to understand where they can get those things. Maybe it was seeing the naked guy in front of her what was so impressive, however, was the boyfriend of her friend, I was naked and his penis dangling in front of his face. And it was clear what the penis had done, was an uncle, understood such things.

Maria ran by his side, and went to follow her, when I heard the voice of Noah get behind me. The guy had had the decency to be covered by pants. Sure he wanted to apologize for having surprised Mary with that "look". Now, I did not understand, was the face of despair that put the guy when he tried to follow, and the murderous look he gave to me when I overstepped. Oh, no !, Mary was unable to stand anything at that time. He was feverish, achy and now had over scared to death. No way he would leave that guy that would alter more. I grabbed his arm and stopped short.

- Hei, quiet. You can not follow barefoot .-

The guy looked at his feet, and realized he could not go out like that. Although the expression on his face said that was the least of his worries.

- Maria...-

- I'll take care of it, do not worry .-

And the guy looked at me with those eyes murderers, and clenched his jaw, as if to say something but could not.

- This is none of your business .-

- We'll see.-

And I did not wait for his answer, I just ran after Maria. She was already in the car when I arrived. Her medicines tight against his chest, so after sitting in my room, opened her bag and helped her put them inside. She said nothing, just looked through the glass, as if there could find the answers to all the questions. No, she was not well. What the hell happened in there ?. He felt that itch on her neck, saying that something was wrong, but could not know what. But if one thing was, it is tenacious, so do not stop until find out. Although now, his priority was Maria, the rest could wait.

- I'm sorry you had to see that. I guess it was not pleasant .-

Maria turned to me, his eyes still empty, and tears struggling to escape.

- Why?.-

He turned again, and again lost in the landscape behind us. He expected no answer, nor I had to give it.

When we arrived at her grandmother's house, I found a small family house, painted with vivid and vibrant colors. An elderly woman sat on the porch swing. When he saw the SUV stop by the house, he got up and walked towards us. He came to us at the time he opened the door of Maria.

- My child, what to happened to you? .-

Maria did not answer. Just let the tears roll down her cheeks, she defeated.

- I'm taking her inside .-

Her grandmother held the car door, while I took her granddaughter in my arms. She rested her head on my shoulder, and I felt my stomach was compressed. Verla so as limp as a rag doll, broke my heart.

I left lying in the room told me Charity. It took a win away from there, but the good woman tugged at my arm to accompany her to the kitchen.

- What has happened ?. This looks worse than what he told me telephone-

- I do not know exactly, but I think find out .-

- You're a good boy.-

- I am his friend.-

He walked me to the door.

- I'm calling to ask how is .-

- Wait, I'll give my Number.-

He wrote two rows of numbers on paper, and I put it in my pocket.

- You can go to see her tomorrow. If you want.-

- Tomorrow I have guard at the station. But I call you, I promise .-

She nodded, and I went from there. Something was around my head, something bad. My intuition told me there was something I did not know, and had to find out.

On Sunday, I called several times, but only in the last I managed to talk to Mary. She had been sleeping most of the day, and did not blame her. His body was weak because of gastroenteritis, but also she did not really want to recover.