| kidnapped |

"After reading the note, my heart immediately began to pound rapidly. Countless of thoughts began racing through my head--this couldn't be from the Joker, he doesn't even know who am I, how could he had gotten my address, what does 'see you soon' mean?"
|
"Now tell me," He breathes heavily in my right ear, dancing around the long, dinning room table. We were dressed to the nines with him in an all black dress shirt barely buttoned, showing his chiseled chest and tattoos, and black dress pants and snack skin dress shoes. Like him, I wore black as well, a V-neck mermaid styled gown that hugged my curves. My hair in a long, elegant ponytail and my face wore a smokey eye with my signature red lip which he loved. "Do you love me?"

"Yes," I say rather abruptly without thought, watching him sashay to the opposite end of the dinning table.

He stops at the foot of the glass table and stares me down as if he was looking into my soul. "Don't be thoughtless now," He smirks as he cracks his neck, "Do you love me?"

"Yes," I tell him again. I didn't have to think about how I felt about this man because I knew from the moment we laid eyes on each other that I had these great feelings for him. He could ask me this question over a billion times and my answer will never change.

He glides over to me, wraps his hands around my neck and kisses me rather roughly. We exchanged lips for a brief moment and in between them he would ask, "Would you do anything for me?" And I would respond with a "Yes" as we continued.

"Veronica Martin!" Ms. Lee screams my name in the front of the classroom, snapping me out of my daydream. A low chuckle enters the class all from my peers as they watch me blush, placing a single strand of my blonde hair behind my hair.

Luckily the bells rings and everyone is quick to get out of room considering it was the last period of the day, and the weekend.

While everyone rushed out the doors, I stayed behind to pack my belongings into my backpack.

"Veronica," the History teacher spoke, "Are you alright?"

"Um," I paused, "Yeah. Of course!"

Ms. Lee looked at me questionably as if she knew something was going on. "Well I mean for this past week you've seemed out of it like you're in la la land. You're usually very engaging in the classroom, but I've had to snap you out of your little dreams more than fifteen times this week."

"Yes, Ms. Lee! I'm fine," I say with a slight chuckle. "I just haven't been getting enough sleep lately." Which was the truth since the events that took place last weekend I have barely been able to rest. My mind just would not let that wicked Joker go.

"Use this weekend to rest up. You know examines are next week, and then after that you'll be gone and into college."

"I know, Ms. Lee," I said as I sling my bag over my shoulder and began walking towards the door.

"Hey, have you finished your valedictorian speech yet?" She asks before I could disappear out the classroom.

Turning on my heel, I look back with a smile and nodded. "Have a good weekend, Ms. Lee."

"You too, Veronica. Get some rest."

Walking down the halls of Wayne High School with my boots clacking on the floor, no one was insight as I exited the private school.

Whenever school was out of session I had to meet Z or one of the other boys just a block away to be picked up.

The sky's were grey like it would soon rain as I made my way down the street.

And within moments that's when everything went downhill. An all black, rundown Chevrolet Express pulls up to the side of me and the door flys open to reveal three men in business suits and a bear, ski, and Bat-Man mask. Before I could even run down the road they had already got ahold of me. All I could remember was calling for help before I was thrown into the back of the van, hitting my head on the steel ground and going out cold.