Chapter 10: Family of Thieves

Roman's P.O.V.:
     It's been a minute since Y/N decided to tag along with us, and I'll just say he's been...  Interesting, and by that I mean just like a damn tourist. The first time we decided to do a Schnee heist, so he was eager and impatient, and wanted to see what we were capable of other than cutting purses.  His men were hiding among crates in case we needed backup, but in this case we came out clean.  However, afterwards was a funny affair, since we went to the ice cream shop in the backwoods of town to celebrate our little success.
     "Neo, are you getting the same as always?"  She quickly nodded and hopped to the man at the counter. 
     "Y/N, you have a preference?"  I looked back at the man who was sitting at a table fiddling with his fingers.
     "No, it's fine you guys enjoy your treat."  I wasn't having it.
     "What ice cream do you want?"
     "I said none; I'm fine."  My eyes widened at a realization.
     "You never had ice cream with living outside of the kingdoms, have you?"  The legendary Raven King looked away, agitated.
     "So?  So I've never had the luxuries of one who lived in the cities; what of it?"  I laughed at his shame, and went to the counter to buy two servings of chocolate.
     While Neo was devouring her ice cream, I gave some chocolate to the kid still twiddling his thumbs. 
     "Eat."
     "Why?  What's so good about ice cream anyways?"  Now Neo was angry, and jabbed a spoonful of her ice cream into Y/N's face.
     "Just take a bite; this is supposed to be relaxing."  I heard Y/N scoff, but he took a bite of Neopolitian's ice cream, still wavering in front of his face.  Afterwards, he grabbed his spoon and dug into his own bowl.  It took less than a few minutes for him to empty his bowl, and he had a brown stache on. 
     "When's the next mission?"
     "I don't know yet; I have to wait for my employer to tell me."
     "Your employer? I thought you acted like the big bad fish at the top of the food chain."  We walked out of the shop after he paid and escorted us out.
     "Haha, well I wish.  She's a pain in the ass, but she has big plans for Vale from what I hear."  I heard him thinking and at last he got out of his stupor. 
     "Don't worry; you'll get the chance to meet her and the little rugrats too." He chuckled and he oddly followed us to our warehouse, where we decided to sleep and the like.
     "Here we are.  Home sweet... Ware home."
"You live here? Heh, Well appearances mean nothing I guess." I laughed again at the kid, still showing the aspects of an oblivious foreigner.
"All warehouses have an upstairs for living quarters. I think it had something to do with a homeless shelter program. It was out of commission, at least until now." Neo tugged at my arm and showed her phone which had a message on. Since the kid was "blind," and Neo couldn't speak, I had to be a translator, which was annoying, but Y/N said his friend was going to develop an auditory app for his scroll. In the meantime, all they had to communicate was nudges in the shoulder and such.
Over time, it was routine to see Y/N walking around the warehouse and at times he even invites us over for drinks. The first time I saw him, he was this big hulking war machine, but over time due to Neo's gymnastics that she forced him to do and the line of our work, he grew into a lean frame and adopted speed and precision in his strikes, allowing his victims to suffer from blood loss. I personally often sent him on assassination missions and any others that required a certain message to be passed around. In his off-time, he just walks around the streets, goes on field trips with his buddies, and steal from whoever he can, even us if he is feeling bored. I figured that I could teach him how to at least "borrow" some Lien from passerby's, but he was a quicker learner than I thought. He had a shoebox full of wallets that he stored, and their IDs just in case. He even left taunting messages in my pockets just to rustle my pride, and at other times he will swap out my wallet for a piece of cardboard; and he called us scoundrels.  After about five months of working with this guy, I could say he is fun to be around. He drinks often, and if we're lucky he will pass out after we completed a mission, so we could have some revenge, and leave him with nothing but his clothing.
"Heh, hmm." I took a look at my dust cache, and it certainly has grown since Y/N tagged along. Besides his own heists yielding more dust than he even knows what to do with; thus giving a portion to us, his resourceful group happened to know what goes in and out of Vale when it comes to dust, so we also get word.
I heard two pairs of footsteps approach my little work area, and I spun around to meet their gaze.
"Ah, came back so soon? How's Vale treating ya?" Mercury and Emerald stood proudly, unamused.
"Well we would, but we are here on business. I hear you got a new friend." Emerald stated.
"Yea, he did." Y/N bumped into Emerald slightly and sat up on a table next to me.
"And this might tell us what business your on." Y/N pulled out Emerald's scroll and tossed it to me, all while admiring their shocked faces.
"What the hell? How did you-"
"Wow the master thief got pickpocketed. Not making a good first impression."  Mercury blurted.
"Thank you Y/N, now let's see here... A train of dust headed to Vale? What's so special about it?" I passed the scroll back to Emerald, a lesson to be more careful, but for entertainment's sake I hope not.
"So this is the Raven King? I imagined him to be older, but still a pleasure. Mercury Black." Mercury held his hand out, while Y/N just glared at him with his covered eyes.
"So this is the son of Marcus Black. I heard a bit of your father; I suppose that it's good that he is in the dirt now. I hope you serve as a better alternative, hehehe." Not only was Mercury shocked at this information, he was slightly impressed.
"And Emerald Sustrai; a master thief based on what he said. It's nothing personal, I do that to Roman all the time, and it would even better if I could read." She scoffed and looked at me with a slight tinge of anger.
"This shipment contains not only dust, but plans and reports from all over the kingdoms. Cinder told us to accompany those on this mission, while she will be arriving shortly." Y/N perked up a bit, and something in his hair moved. He took off a wig to reveal two gray wolf ears, which were now upright.
"And I never suspected him to be a Faunus." Mercury raised a brow at the Faunus now smirking.
"When's the train coming?" Y/N jumped off the table to retrieve his weapons and his mask.
"Tomorrow morning, and it's 8:42 now, so let's get a move on. NEO!" I heard a crash, some shuffling, and a pissed-off multicolored girl.
"Come on, get ready. We got a heist to make."