Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

"Niall, I don’t know. I... I have to think about it," I replied with regret. I felt his body drift away. I closed my eyes and covered them with my hands. Tears escaped my eyes one after another. I heard his footsteps walk away but I called him back, "Niall! I... I... Let's be friends still, we don’t want to make this awkward. I don’t want to lose my best friend." He slowly turned around and his blue eyes sparkled with teardrops. "Too late." I let my sobs grow louder. The door to the garden slammed and I heard shouting from the hall that sounded like Zayn and Niall.

"WHY ZAYN, WHY!? YOU ALWAYS GET THE GIRLS AND STEAL THEM FROM ME," he lowered his voice but I could still hear, "You know how much I love her, I never shut up about her. You just want everyone to like you, don’t you?" I heard someone walk at a fast-pace down the hallway. The door to the garden swung open again. Why cant people leave me alone!?!

I didn’t want to look at them, I just stared in the opposite direction as they took a seat, their arm rubbing against mine as they sat down roughly. I thought there was more than one person, but I only heard one pair of footsteps and only one person sat down. I recognised the musky scent of aftershave. Zayn... I turned so I was snuggled into his hard chest; our bodies fit together like a jigsaw puzzle, so perfectly...  She gave me another smile and drifted away back into the building. Zayn whispered into my ear, "Don’t worry, its Niall's 'time of the month'." that made me smile at least...

"Zayn, I don’t know what to do... I know what I want but im just too afraid," I said to him, trusting him completely even though he was involved in my problem. "What do you want to do?" he asked and waited. I wanted to say him... I wanted to say Niall... I didn’t know what to do. So I said that, "I don’t know..." he looked into my eyes and smiled warmly, "Don’t listen to your head, listen to your heart. Without it, you'd be dead." and with that he kissed my head, got up and left...

His lines left me more confused than ever and I thought I'd be left in the garden to think alone, but just as Zayn walked into the building, someone came out, making their way towards me. It was...Oh look... Zana. She sat next to me and wrapped me in a tight hug, which made me feel safe and not so pressured. I sobbed into her grey 'Mickey Mouse' t-shirt and she stroked my hair soothingly. Who would have thought that even though I won the competition, I would be in tears?

"Shh... It's okay, it's okay. I’ve had a few words with Niall and he's a little calmer so don’t worry. No one is pressuring you into anything," she spoke. It was amazing how she was able to know a lot about the situation in just a few hours. A while later, Zana had persuaded me to come out for lunch with them at a local Cafe/Restaurant. The way she described it was breathtaking. A garden full of flowers, delicious food... You name it; Cafe La Morena had it all.

We decided to sit at one of those outdoor tables and I kept smiling at Zana as her earlier concern of feeling like an outsider seemed to disappear and she fitted right in, it was like she understood all of us and currently she was helping Niall. I looked at the people who had taken a seat next to me. Typical... Zayn and Niall. Zana looked apologetically from across the table and Harry sighed in exasperation, "Give her some space guys. Look, Zayn swap with Louis. Zana swap with Niall." I shot Harry a thankful look and he smiled. I was sat next to Zana and Louis... Not Zayn or Niall. 

Zayn and Niall were very disappointed but I couldn’t say anything to them so Louis spoke up, "Just give her time." I looked up and smiled at Louis. Niall was trying not to make much out of it by smiling, mucking around and having fun like we used to. Everyone was happy. Except Zayn, whose face looked like a moody cat's bum; because I couldn’t make a decision.

"Time, Zayn, time," Louis repeated and Zayn smiled. Zana placed a hand on his shoulder and he smiled properly as if they were sharing a secret, it was the same smile he gave her after she said something to him when I was running after Niall. Liam also noticed this and kept to himself, he must like her a lot. I raised an eyebrow at Zana, cleverly avoiding eye contact with Zayn. She winked and smirked at me. I can’t take all these little secrets!! Why isn’t anyone telling me anything!?! I thought back to what Louis said earlier. Time. I breathed deeply in and out. Leave time to work things out... Nope. Not happening. "Why do you and Zayn keep smiling at each other?" Zayn tilted his head and opened his brown eyes wide, "Why? Somebody jealous?" aha. So that’s what they were up to. I smiled and shook my head. No! I wasn’t jealous... Yeah I am. No im not. Yeah, I am... The voice didn’t answer back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there peoples! This is yet another chapter of the fanfic! This was only a short story, and we will wrap it up in a few more chapter's... Unless we decide to carry on. I dunno. Ask Zana haha xD

- Imy and Zana <3 x