Chapter One• Freshmen.

><><><><><><><><><><><

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!

The alarm clock woke me up.

Like every other day.

I sighed and with my arm rubbed off the layer of sweat that was on my forehead and just a tiny bit of drool. Okay, maybe it wasn't a tiny bit, but you get the idea. I knew better than to remember the dream knowing that if I let it overcome my thoughts I would be sitting in bed all morning and I couldn't let that happen since I had school.

I got up and decided to just put my dark brown curly messy hair in a bun since I had no one to impress whatsoever.

I looked in the mirror and decided that the shirt I had worn to sleep was just fine for school, I went through my drawers and took out some pants and put them on.

I looked in the mirror again and with a satisfied grin got my backpack and made my way downstairs to get some breakfast before the bus came.

I hear my sister say something but I just grunt in response as she goes outside running, I  get the orange juice out of the fridge and pour it in a cup to drink.

I hear a honk.

I ignore it.

I hear it again.

My eyes widen reminding myself I had school, I come to the conclusion it was the bus that was honking, I go running outside and as soon as I see the bus driver closing the doors, he notices I'm coming out of the house and opens the doors fully. Again. So I'm guessing that's what Chloe was trying to tell me.

I go inside the bus giving a slight nod and good morning to the bus driver, I only receive a grunt.

Rude.

I place myself in the right third to the last seat, and may I add, ALONE.  I don't have a tolerance when it comes to sitting next to people.

The trip to school was short considering I was one of the last kids to get picked up.

Once we get there we were dropped off in front of the gym which separates the middle school and high school, let me tell you being in a small town does not have its perks.

I don't go into the gym to drop off stuff because I stupidly left my gym bag in my locker yesterday. Lucky me!

Not.

Do you know how smelly my clothes might be, I might be a young woman but I sweat more than a guy!

The early September wind calms down my 'smelly clothing thought' and forces me to keep on walking into the high school. Opening the front door I go inside quickly, I fetch down my friends sitting down and quickly catch up to the conversations they were having before I came.

><><><><><><><><><><

School goes by fast. By the time I know it I'm walking down the sidewalk that directly paths down to where my training site is located.

The walk doesn't last long.

Once I get there I throw my gym bag and backpack to the floor, unplug my headphones and place them besides my bag. I dig into my gym bag and take out my racket, my baby.